Omega Wrestling Alliance

Signup to our Efed - Omega Wrestling Alliance - today!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» AMA - Zak Zero
by The Goose Today at 12:55 am

» #FreeOasis
by Gareth Cason Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» G1 Climax 2018 predictions
by The Almighty Empress Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» "Uncrowned Hero" Zak Zero
by TBroomey Yesterday at 8:41 pm

» My name is Judas. Ask me anything.
by Judas Yesterday at 1:14 am

» OWA Promos!
by ScottyAdams Yesterday at 12:00 am

» Were there any other PB choices for your current character?
by Judas 7/14/2018, 11:38 pm

Top posting users this week
The Goose

Major Event

Major Event Schedule
May: Hardcore Havoc
June: Game Over
July: Boiling Point Ω
August: Burning Sky
September: Vindication
October: Civil War Ω
December: Revelations
January: Under Pressure Ω
March: Danger Close
April: Final Destination Ω
Partners/Affiliates

eWmania

Share | 

Efedding Pet Peeves.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/12/2018, 11:59 pm

Title, because I could write books on what annoys me in efedding.

Back to top Go down
Rashad Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:14 am

When people promo and fuck up their/they're/there, your/you're and then/than. This is fucking 1st grade shit, how is it so prevalent?
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:19 am

EVERY GOD DAMN THING
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:42 am

Cinematic promos that drag on and on for the sake of a long word count with half the promo being useless shit that contributes nothing to the actual purpose. Just saw a 5K promo in a different fed where 3K of it was them talking to their boyfriend about nothing concerning their match. Furthermore, splitting it into multiple sections like "this took place one day, this took place another day" trying to squeeze two lengthy and useless wordcounts into one long word count like it adds inches to their cock. Fucking garbo and, if I ever became the patriarch of an efed, I'd enforce a 2K word limit so they keep to the fucking point.

Back to top Go down
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 1:00 am

the fact that e-feds exist
Back to top Go down
The Goose

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 1:07 am

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
Cinematic promos that drag on and on for the sake of a long word count with half the promo being useless shit that contributes nothing to the actual purpose. Just saw a 5K promo in a different fed where 3K of it was them talking to their boyfriend about nothing concerning their match. Furthermore, splitting it into multiple sections like "this took place one day, this took place another day" trying to squeeze two lengthy and useless wordcounts into one long word count like it adds inches to their cock. Fucking garbo and, if I ever became the patriarch of an efed, I'd enforce a 2K word limit so they keep to the fucking point.
Jesus Christ, no wonder we don't get along.
Back to top Go down
J.D. Damon

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 10:17 am

^

This.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Marsden

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 10:35 am

Promos that isn't my language
Back to top Go down
Monolith

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 10:58 am

Honestly just people failing to edit or proofread their work.  It's not like I need it to be perfect, but damn.  I want it to be legible.
Back to top Go down
Jon McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 11:22 am

2 Promo limit. 2k word limit. These all sound like dreams. Distant and far off impossible dreams that will never come to pass.

Pet peeves for me besides this...

Honestly... people who complain about their spot or get mad about their push or lack of push. The guys who sit in chat and talk shit but then act like they're kidding when they get called out. 

The mentality that you think you're such a good writer so you deserve something here but forget that just about everyone's talented and everyone puts in a lot of time and energy into making this place fun.  Just shut your mouth and write your next promo and do better next time.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:25 pm

Rashad Wilson wrote:
When people promo and fuck up their/they're/there, your/you're and then/than. This is fucking 1st grade shit, how is it so prevalent?
This is my BIGGEST trigger and this should be number one on the imaginary efed sins countdown. This is probably the easiest one to avoid of everything that's been named. We're all grown. Don't get clowned for not knowing how to differentiate between homophones.
Back to top Go down
TyAnna Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:31 pm

P R E A C H
Back to top Go down
TyAnna Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 12:32 pm

When you're a 16 year old girl and the chairman starts DMing you for nudes
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 2:22 pm

I simply cannot stand egos or living your gimmick. If your character is a badass who beats people half to death, More than fuckin likely? That’s not how you REALLY are...otherwise we’d be using YOU as a pic base...fuckface.

Complaints. It’s an electronic federation for wrestling. Please. Tell us how you DESERVE a push. Please. I cannot fuckin wait to hear it. 

That being said, I am guilty of both.
Back to top Go down
Miltiades

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 8:30 pm

The fact y’all ain’t crown me God King yet.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Duke

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/13/2018, 9:13 pm

Matches that have no pacing and are just MOVE -> MOVE -> MOVE -> MOVE -> without any reason for said moves to take place. It's not hard to watch a match and understand basic storytelling and the flow of a match.

In the same light, matches that end in double countouts or double dq's. Draws should always be the rarest form, not used excessively like they commonly are in efeds.

Submissions being the rarest form of a win just because people think it makes their character look "weak". Give it a break, it's not real brother.

An overabundance of comedy characters.

Long promos for the sake of a word count instead of substance.

Lack of character progression and development. If you can't develop your character over time with an arc, you really should learn how storytelling works.
Back to top Go down
Kai Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/14/2018, 5:33 pm

Judges who judge quantity over quality.

A CD promo with little to no match relevance beating a regular promo with mostly match relevance.

CAWs that rip off their PB or a real life wrestler.

Unrealistic CAWs.

I'd like to second Dustin Duke's pet peeve of a match lacking storytelling and proper pacing.
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/14/2018, 9:34 pm

Welp, this explains me to a T tbh. I get what you mean though
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/14/2018, 9:36 pm

Dustin Duke wrote:
Matches that have no pacing and are just MOVE -> MOVE -> MOVE -> MOVE -> without any reason for said moves to take place. It's not hard to watch a match and understand basic storytelling and the flow of a match.

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/14/2018, 9:45 pm

Okay, mine (though Dustin/Axl covered most of what I would have said):

- The excessive use of colours in promos - comes across as 'look at the pretty colours I can use' and can actually become an eyesore to read.
Back to top Go down
Judas

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   7/14/2018, 11:29 pm

Putting championships over being given good storylines. While championships exist for a reason in efeds and are a great way of crediting someone for their great work as a promoer, they shouldn't be the be all end all of why you're here. Obviously there's nothing wrong with chasing titles but if that's your only goal in efeds then you take this far more seriously than you should. Everyone person I've met through efeds that's said they only care about winning titles has been an asshole, toxic to be around or both because they don't understand the difference between fiction and reality. A good storyline to me is much more important because it means getting to write about something interesting and something that I enjoy which, at the end of the day, is why we're all here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Efedding Pet Peeves.   

Back to top Go down

Efedding Pet Peeves.
Page 1 of 1