Omega Wrestling Alliance

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Compliment Game
by Azumi Goto Yesterday at 11:33 pm

» OWA Promos!
by Tarah Nova Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» ADA- Ask Diantha Anything
by Ronnie Osbourne 3/19/2019, 8:29 pm

» Applied for a wrestler at Kingdom_What's next?
by Keelan Callihan 3/19/2019, 8:08 am

» Application for Udy - Owa contract
by Keelan Callihan 3/19/2019, 7:53 am

» Nikita LaShae Appreciation Thread
by Diantha Moreau 3/19/2019, 6:47 am

» Olympus: Scorched Earth Prediction Thread
by Azumi Goto 3/18/2019, 11:31 pm

Top posting users this week
Hans Olsen

Ronnie Osbourne

Diantha Moreau

The Udy

The Cleanser

Wild Boys

Azumi Goto

Keelan Callihan

Nikita LaShae

Welcome to the Dollhouse

Major Event

Major Event Schedule
May: Hardcore Havoc
June: Game Over
July: Boiling Point Ω
August: Burning Sky
September: Vindication
October: Civil War Ω
December: Revelations
January: Clash of the Titans Ω
March: Divine Retribution
April: Final Destination Ω
Partners/Affiliates

eWmania

Share | 

Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/21/2018, 6:56 am

Title.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/21/2018, 8:28 pm

It could be applied to the old products too right? xD

Last Wrestling Show: Wrestle Kingdom IX. 10/10. Watched the entire show a week ago or so. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi is still my favorite NJPW match, lol.

Last Wrestling Match: RVD vs Jeff Hardy. Ladder Match to unify Intercontinental Championship and European Championship. RAW 2002. 9.5/10. This match in my opinion is the weakest out of RVD vs Jeff Hardy WWE Trilogy. Still though, this is an amazing match and a classic (H).
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/21/2018, 9:12 pm

War Raiders vs Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championships

4/5

I thought it was a good match, although I’ve never really been a big fan of War Machine/Raiders...however in this match, they did some really cool stuff. I knocked off a point for the DQ finish Cos I would have loved to see a cheap pin or something else, but the return of Bobby Fish really got me stoked!
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/21/2018, 9:55 pm

Diaz Iniesta wrote:
It could be applied to the old products too right? 
Yes, I forgot to mention that.
Back to top Go down
DampshawIII

DampshawIII

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/22/2018, 12:59 pm

Last wrestling show I watched was Bound For Glory 2018.

It was a pretty good show with some great matches (Willie Mack & Rich Swann  vs. Ethan Page & Matt Sydal, oVe vs. Cage & The Lucha Brothers and even LAX vs. The OGs even though the ring being pulled apart and them bumping on wooden boards was hard to watch). 

The Allie/Su Yung stuff was dumb as hell and really only works in Lucha Underground because they've built an entire world where supernatural shit like that happens and makes sense, but in a company that is focusing more on sports and real-ness, a girl going into the underworld and literally killing people with no repercussions didn't work for me.

The main event was weird but definitely entertaining. The way Aries and Johnny looked like they were legit shooting on each other was pretty shocking to see in that context and the finish is still leaving me confused. The company is playing it up like Aries was being unprofessional and acted like a dick no-selling Johnny's finish, but then I read reports that it's all a worked shoot. It's definitely veering into Russo booking territory but damn it if I'm not getting worked.

Overall the show was solid and I'm glad I finally started giving Impact a chance the last few months. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/22/2018, 9:21 pm

DDT Ryogoku Peter Pan 2018 - 4.25/5

Great night for DDT, they had a fantastic overall show and it was made better due to Strong Hearts/CIMA being the selling point of the night outside of the night. It felt like this card had no filler and it showed. The Six-Man tag title match was a fantastic way to open the show.

Meiko kicking Maki Itoh was fun as well but the match of the night was, of course, Takeshita vs. CIMA. No matter how old CIMA gets, the dude will always ooze Charisma. Meanwhile, Konosuke Takeshita has really become a 23-year old Generational Talent for DDT.

Danshoku Dino vs. Daisuke Sasaki was a solid main event trying to be serious but it was featuring a comedy wrestler in Dino, so it was a solid 3-star match.

I'm honestly excited to see what DDT does next with STRONG HEARTS as the faction is probably the best thing right in the Japanese Indy Wrestling Scene. This was probably the best Ryogoku Show by any wrestling company this year.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/23/2018, 6:07 pm

Watched WCW World War III 1996 the other day. The Jericho/Nick Patrick match was laughable but it was there to take up time.  Giant/Jarrett was meh.  The tag bout between Harlem Heat and the Quebecers in their WCW run was pretty good.  Battle royal was what it was.  Dragon/Mysterio and Malenko/Psychosis, though...thank goodness WCW was putting stuff like this on their cards.  Fantastic work.  I'll give it a 6.75/10.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/27/2018, 12:28 am

Watched Rock And Sock Connection vs The Undertaker and The Big Show. It was Rock And Sock Connection debut match. A fun match. Friends or enemies, The Rock and Mick Foley always had amazing chemistry. 7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Rochelle

Rochelle

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/28/2018, 2:57 pm

It was Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano at SummerSlam 1994. The first WWE match between these two and the one where Bull Nakano was introduced. A really, good, and well-thought out match that made Alundra hitting that sudden one (it took Alundra 3 of these to beat Nakano in their third match) Bridging German Suplex look believable. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/28/2018, 11:42 pm

WWE Evolution. 8/10. Would have been 10/10 but yeah the build-up was ASS!

The show was well done even if it looked like a Glorified house show. I was a little skeptical of Ronda/Nikki going as the main event but they did fine. The real must-see matches were to the two NXT/MYC bouts, Shayna/Kairi always ends as a great match. Io Shirai/Toni Storm looked like stars in their MYC finals, both are gonna be huge while in the NXT system. Personally, I wish they had 5 more minutes. Trish/Lita vs. Mickie/Alicia was a good choice as the opener using the legends to get the crowd HYPED as fuck. I think a lot of people forget that Mickie is really good at constructing a match. Trish looked great but Lita was meh.

The Battle Royal was, of course, my least favorite match. I'm not sure why WWE keeps giving Nia title shots, I personally would have liked Asuka winning as it feels like she needed this and get back that killer edge. The Riott Squad vs. Nattie, Sasha and Bayley was well done. Again this is one of those matches that needed a few more minutes to really make it stand out more. Sasha getting the win gives her a big-time win because they need to bring her back to the title scene SOON or else this Ronda Rousey shit is gonna be way too boring.

Finally is Becky/Charlotte AND WOW! This is the recommended match for me, I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this bout. Becky and Charlotte got a lot of time and they delivered. This would have been a fantastic way to end the show but I guess I'll settle with Ronda/Nikki.

Overall it's a good watch. Now on the road to Crown Jewel...
Back to top Go down
Nate Cage

Nate Cage

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/29/2018, 8:42 am

Evolution - Strong 9/10

Here's my review for more detailed thoughts:

https://culturedvultures.com/wwe-evolution-review/
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   10/29/2018, 11:52 am

Ugh I still haven't watched Evolution but that's what I'm getting to either tonight or tomorrow and I'm ultra excited.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   11/12/2018, 2:53 am

Kenoh vs. Naomichi Marufuji - NOAH Global League Night 2

This match is perfect example of what Noah's match style is like for this recent "Reborn" phase. 7-8 minutes were really slow but it helped the match a lot thanks to the pace they were going for the next 10 minutes. 

Kenoh is 100% the biggest success story of NOAH in 2018 as he's kind of mold into a new version of KENTA (circa 2013/Pre-WWE). Like the crowd loves him, he kicks really hard and is good at wrestling. Marufuji, on the other hand, has had a year where he was able to do much more outside of NOAH than inside the promotion.  His two bouts with Kento Miyahara are candidates for match of the year, he's slowly progressing down the card but it doesn't mean his work needs to be skipped.

Overall this match was a great bout as a tournament night main event. Global League is shaping up into a great tournament so far.
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   11/12/2018, 5:43 am

Io Shirai v Shayna Baszler - Stardom.

7.9/10

Very good match that showed not just how good a worker Io is, but also gave Shayna a showcase to show her development in the ring prior to signing with WWE. I wanna see a rematch of this soon enough honestly.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   11/14/2018, 7:01 pm

Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio at Summerslam 2002. 

9/10.

I watched WCW as a kid, but as far as I'm concern, this is the first time ever I watched Rey Mysterio. I was like 10 back then (bought Summerslam 2002 DVD in like 2003 or 2004, I don't know, lol). 

Could be my pick for the best under 10 minutes match. Kurt and Rey have great chemistry againts each others. This match is on my top 5 Kurt Angle's matches and my top 10 Rey Mysterio's matches. This barely beat Kurt vs Rey from Smackdown 2005 in Japan though.
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   11/15/2018, 5:39 am

Bound for Glory 2018 - 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   11/19/2018, 7:31 am

Kensuke Sasaki vs. Kenta Kobashi - GHC Heavyweight Title match from Noah Destiny 2005

aka who is the better Beefy Heavyweight Legend

This match... this match is just great. 4 and a half minutes of Sasaki and Kobashi just chopping each other, the crowd was electric at the dome for both legends. To think that Sasaki and Kobashi have never had a singles match and they put on what I consider the 2nd best Noah match of the Kobashi era. Sasaki for a majority of the match worked on the neck of Kobashi and if you're not a fan of the Puro/King's Road quirks of two men just no selling over and over then I wouldn't recommend it. 

One spot and a moment I liked was when the camera changed shots to Akira Hokuto (Kensuke Sasaki's wife and Joshi legend) who had this great look of concern for her husband after Sasaki hit Northern Lights Bomb from the Apron to the outside. Showing that even a killer like Hokuto can show concern even when her husband is trying to murder the neck of Kenta Kobashi.

Just watch this match for the chop fest alone, definitely the best match of Sasaki's career and one of the best matches of Kobashi's career.

P.S. This match made me love Sasaki's "The World" by Blood Stain Child theme.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   12/19/2018, 11:52 am

The Midnight Rockers vs Buddy Rose and Doug Summers. Steel Cage Tag Team Match. AWA Brawl in St. Paul 1986

10/10

Any HBK's fans should watch this match. My favorite HBK's match.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   3/7/2019, 2:45 am

I'm going to be biased as fuck because I love the original Jay White/Will Ospreay bout from ROH. This was of course before Jay became the Switchblade and Will was full-time NJPW.

So Jay White vs. Will Ospreay from the 47th Anniversary show might have been the second best match for NJPW this year, of course behind the amazing Tokyo Dome main event and Ospreay/Ibushi. This match was a great way to show us how Jay will wrestle as Heavyweight Champion and Will Ospreay continues to prove why NJPW has high as fuck hopes for him as a future heavyweight. The clash of Heavyweight/Junior tends to always go to the Heavyweight but during this match, it really didn't seem like it. 

The story came down to how they wrestled. Jay could hit his nice moves like the Sleeper Suplex and stuff like the STO/Deadlift German combo but Will would be able to bring it back with either a dive or a like combo. To be honest, I liked this match a lot over the Okada/Ospreay match from last year's Anniversary show. Jay is slowly getting there, his climb to being a top guy is getting there.

This match was really to put over the idea of Ospreay competing with the Heavyweights as one himself and showing to the Japanese fans that he can stand the Heavyweights. I'm honestly waiting for they give Will something like G1 to work in. 

Overall a solid main event for a pretty solid Anniversary show. Time for us to die with NJ Cup coming up!

8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   3/7/2019, 12:30 pm

So, I've been working on about a show a year from the WWE Network back catalog, so let me go with the last one I watched, WWF Fully Loaded 2000.

7/10.

Buoyed by two excellent co-mains in HHH/Jericho LMS (during the first, and better, feud of their careers) and Rock/Benoit for the title with Shane in tow (despite some interference, the match works well, and shows just how serious Benoit was about succeeding at the highest level less than a year removed from his jump to the WWF), the rest of the card is pretty lackluster.  Third best match is probably Venis/Rikishi in the cage featuring that huge splash off the top of the cage by 'Kish, and fourth best match is Saturn/Guerrero which was more about Terri's involvement with the Radicalz than anything.  Sad when Angle/Undertaker was a complete burial, but it is what it is.  Still good Attitude Era fodder.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   3/9/2019, 10:30 am

Jericho vs Benoit. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match at Royal Rumble 2001. 10/10. 

Jericho is one of the best Ladder competitors and Benoit was (and still is) the most adaptive wrestler in my opinion. It goes without saying that this match is a classic, lol.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Maverick

Kevin Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   3/9/2019, 11:40 am

Tanahasi/Tenzan/Nagata/Makabe vs Cabana/Taguchi/Umino/Nakanishi

6/10

Typical fun 8-man match. Colt knows how to hang with the old cats, but he's not a young dude himself. This is Umino's time to shine from the rest of the Young Lions. I see shades of a young Takahashi within him. Him, SHO, YOH, and Kawato are the future if they play their cards right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.   

Back to top Go down

Rate the last wrestling show/match you watched.
Page 1 of 1