Omega Wrestling Alliance
Join the Omega or jump back into our universe!

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The newest episodes of Olympus, Odyssey, & Kingdom are now up!
The card for Boiling Point can be found here!
Latest topics
» Give a finisher/finisher name for the person above you
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Hayden Cross Today at 10:44 am

» What song are you listening to right now?
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Hans Olsen Today at 7:14 am

» OWA Social Feed
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby The Udy Today at 6:42 am

» OWA Promos!
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Gareth Cason Yesterday at 9:41 pm

» Trent Hawk
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/17/2019, 12:58 pm

» The Compliment Game
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby ᴢᴋʏ 9/17/2019, 5:29 am

» Yo yo yo yo
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Dennis 9/16/2019, 12:28 am

» The Omega Awards
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/14/2019, 12:17 pm

» WWE Clash of Champions (2019) Predictions
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Finnegan Wakefield 9/13/2019, 5:17 am

» British Invasion/Game Over Predictions
Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitimeby Jeff X 9/12/2019, 6:40 pm

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield
Does your character's name have any significance? I_vote_lcapDoes your character's name have any significance? I_voting_barDoes your character's name have any significance? I_vote_rcap 
Nate Cage
Does your character's name have any significance? I_vote_lcapDoes your character's name have any significance? I_voting_barDoes your character's name have any significance? I_vote_rcap 
Dennis
Gareth Cason
kennydrake
Hans Olsen
DampshawIIIఒ
Keelan Callihan
The Udy
Roni Ozborn
Major Event
Major Event Schedule
May: Shake-Up Event Ω

Jul: Boiling Point Ω

Oct: Civil War Ω

Jan: Clash of the Titans Ω

Apr: Final Destination 2 Ω
Partners/Affiliates
eWmania
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Does your character's name have any significance?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roni Ozborn

Roni Ozborn

Does your character's name have any significance? Empty
PostSubject: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/22/2018, 11:22 pm

Is your character's name a reference to someone, something, or what? What is the significance of your name or why did you pick it?
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/22/2018, 11:31 pm

Eris is the goddess of chaos in multiple mythologies
Back to top Go down
Nate Cage

Nate Cage

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/22/2018, 11:52 pm

Nicolas Cage is my dad and named me that.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield

Finnegan Wakefield

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 12:21 am

Finnegan is derived from the book Finnegans Wake (1939). Wakefield was derived from the book Rama II (1989) from character Richard Wakefield.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Does your character's name have any significance? Xz6Lnz4
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 9:35 am

Does your character's name have any significance? Tenor
Back to top Go down
DampshawIIIఒ

DampshawIIIఒ

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 4:40 pm

@Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
Finnegan is derived from the book Finnegans Wake (1939). Wakefield was derived from the book Rama II (1989) from character Richard Wakefield.

Well shit. This whole time I just thought your name was basically "Finnegan's Wakefield." The Rama II reference never even popped in my head.
Back to top Go down
DampshawIIIఒ

DampshawIIIఒ

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 4:43 pm

Simply, I just wanted the most snobbish, pompous, rich English sounding name possible. Also, the name Reginald Dampshaw itself comes from me mishearing a lyric in a song by an obscure English band from the 60's called Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band where it sounds like the singer mumbles "Damn that Reginald Dampshaw, I dare say"

And "III" is just to reiterate that English aristocracy.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 6:02 pm

I had just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey when brainstorming the monster character.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 7:35 pm

No there isn't any significance
Back to top Go down
Sweet Roxy

Sweet Roxy

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 10:15 pm

Heart Break Gal is, as you may notice, some kinda tribute to Shawn Michaels who is the Heart Break Kid. He was my favorite wrestler. Always charismatic. He always had amazing matches, and I was such a proud HBK Fan. HBG's "real name" Claudia was just random and a name I really really liked. I thought of this, I believe, in WHW when we were supposed to make Original characters so I came up with "Claudia Michaels". But even with that, I decided to combine the characters since they were both sharing the same Picbase anyway (Melina). In Legion was when I made a sign up and just decided to make Claudia Michaels the real name of HBG. 

Rosanna is something I've always wanted to name my kid, because "Ross" is my father's name.So I guess in a way, it's also a nod to him. I threw that in as one of MANY options I had for HBG's Devil Spawn. Roxy though is literally just a nickname I picked cause I wanted a "Sweet ___" name. I'm also trying to make it similar to Robbie's name, who is her father. So they're like Rov and Rox.. Robbie and Roxy... isn't that cute as fuck? 

Few of the options I had for my kid was Aphrodite "Sweet Dee" Vendetta, Clementine "Cece", Gwendolyn "Sweet Gwen", Dayanara "Heiress Yana", and Giovanetta "Jill" . I was doing my best to stick with the name I really want. Sweet Roxy is a catchy name though so I stuck with it 
Back to top Go down
Jeff X

Jeff X

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/23/2018, 10:38 pm

I had a friend that I used to watch wrestling with a lot when SmackDown: Just Bring It was the hot, new video game.  He created a character for me on his game and named it Jeff X and I've just been rolling with it ever since then.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Does your character's name have any significance? Jeffxb10
Back to top Go down
Roni Ozborn

Roni Ozborn

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/24/2018, 9:24 pm

The original e-fed character I created way back in the day was named Jaysin Seth Freeman and was named Jaysin as a combination of the word Jay, which was an old term for a redneck or someone who did things backward, and sin, which is an act against the divine law, Seth came from Set, who was the Egyptian god of chaos, and Freeman because he considers himself a "freeman"

I named my character, Jessykah Schwarz, after my real life name of Jessi VonSchwarzburg. I changed Jessi to Jessykah to be more of a feminine name and changed the i to a y and added an ah to make it unique, and I dropped the von and burg part as I realized it was a mouth full to say and write.
Back to top Go down
Rochelle

Rochelle

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/25/2018, 9:52 pm

I thought Rochelle name represents a very strong word based off of how it's said, but also keep its femininity and elegance. In fact, I think I thought of the name first and built my character around it lol.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/26/2018, 10:07 am

Carlos Rosso- Carlos is my real name, the last name is a nod to Vulcano Rosso, an Italian fighter from the Street Fighter EX video game series. 

Diantha Moreau- Diantha is a name of one of the league champions of the Pokemon series, which I'm a fan of. Moreau is a common surname in parts of Louisiana, where I'm from.
Back to top Go down
Amora Ferris

Amora Ferris

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/26/2018, 1:19 pm

The name Amora means love, from "amore" and Ferris is the last name of Green Lantern's love interest, Carol Ferris, who becomes Star Sapphire, queen of the Zamarons and wielders of the love rings. It was actually unintentional that they're both love related but I suppose it's actually something I could work with in the future.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/26/2018, 10:11 pm

Drake was always a cool sounding name and I thought it flowed well with “Kenny.”

Also, nothing else worked. Soooo
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime10/27/2018, 7:22 pm

Doni Prasdana: Doni is my nick-name in real life and Pradana (without "S") is my first name, lol.

Nobi: Took an inspiration from Nobita, a character in Doraemon anime. The real Nobi was one of my cats and he was the one that I loved the most. He passed away in 2015 :/

Diaz Iniesta: A'right, I never promoed as this character, lol. Iniesta is taken from Andres Iniesta, a Soccer/Football player from Spain. Diaz is just a name that I thought would be good enough to combine with Iniesta, lol.
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime12/14/2018, 1:51 am

Scotty Adams explains itself honestly. It's my real name (well, Scotty's a nickname I've had since I was 2). 

Kiara on the other hand, is a name that I picked because it was both soft-sounding and also rolled off the tongue easily enough (and is one of the names I would name a daughter). The Roberson part was partially inspired by OKC's Andre Roberson but is also a name I thought was somewhat interesting (I originally thought Robertson, but figured Roberson was cooler)
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime12/14/2018, 2:34 am

Hans is taken from Dolph Lundgren as his real name is Hans Lundgren. One of my favorite action actors.

I took Olsen from a Sweden Soccer/Football player as I browsed the team information for getting a last name and I found it fitting as I already decided Hans as my first name earlier, lol.
Back to top Go down
ᴢᴋʏ

ᴢᴋʏ

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime12/15/2018, 6:26 am

No. not at all. I just mashing two names until it looks and sounds cool lmao.
Back to top Go down
Shin-SEKAI

Shin-SEKAI

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime12/18/2018, 2:13 am

Moongoose McQueen is the coolest fuckin' name I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Christie Sky

Christie Sky

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime7/21/2019, 1:40 pm

Christie - Christie Monteiro was my fav character from Tekken
Ciri - First ringname of Christie's character. I needed some cool sound, short and mysterious ringname similar to name Christie. Basically Ciri is one of my fav characters from Polish novel "The Witcher".
Sky - Because the sky's the limit for me
Back to top Go down
Miltiades & Zaxaria

Miltiades & Zaxaria

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime7/21/2019, 2:09 pm

These niggas can't spell so i like making it worse for them
Back to top Go down
Derelict

Derelict

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime7/21/2019, 2:53 pm

Tony Rolland: Tony was a reference to two things. One was a local indie nobody that I liked at the time of creating the character. The other was "Tony's Theme" by the Pixies, which is the ultimate babyface theme. Rolland, along with being a family name within Tony's canon (he became a 3rd generation wrestler within the span of 10 years. Figure that one out.) was originally a reference to "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning, which I always interpreted as being the morality tale of how being a hero offers no reward, how righteous is futile in the face of the evils of the world, and how ultimately all knights are bound for damnation. So yeah, it ended up fitting the Rolland family in the long run.

Fertility Lynch: Inspiration for the character initially came from a glib and sardonic psychic in Chuck Palahnuik's book "Survivor". The only real traits Lynch got from her namesake Fertility Hollis, were her first name, her unimpressed attitude, and a career as a sex worker. Granted, Hollis pretended to be a professional surrogate mother to con couples out of money, despite the fact she was herself barren, and Lynch was a gun horny prostitute/assassin. The choosing of the surname Lynch was also kind of a play off of Hollis' ironic pseudonym that was supposed to evoke 'fertility' and 'nature'. Lynch is a bit more blunt considering my Fertility's lines of work could potentially involve a noose for execution or foreplay purposes.

"The Pizza Boy" Andy Sa(u?)nders: He was called pizza boy because he was a pizza boy. I gave him the name Andy Sanders because it's both phonetically pleasing and easily forgettable, which was an intended running joke for the hapless and put-upon underdog being forced into a life of pro wrestling against his will. Poetically enough, it came to a point where I had to go back to his profile to see if there was a u in the middle of the last name because I too became accustomed to calling him Pizza Boy.

The Derelict: It's pretty well outlined in my profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your character's name have any significance?   Does your character's name have any significance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your character's name have any significance?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next