Omega Wrestling Alliance
Join the Omega or jump back into our universe!

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The newest episodes of Olympus, Odyssey, & Kingdom are now up!
The card for Boiling Point can be found here!
Latest topics
» Give a finisher/finisher name for the person above you
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Hayden Cross Today at 10:44 am

» What song are you listening to right now?
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Hans Olsen Today at 7:14 am

» OWA Social Feed
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby The Udy Today at 6:42 am

» OWA Promos!
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Gareth Cason Yesterday at 9:41 pm

» Trent Hawk
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/17/2019, 12:58 pm

» The Compliment Game
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby ᴢᴋʏ 9/17/2019, 5:29 am

» Yo yo yo yo
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Dennis 9/16/2019, 12:28 am

» The Omega Awards
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/14/2019, 12:17 pm

» WWE Clash of Champions (2019) Predictions
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Finnegan Wakefield 9/13/2019, 5:17 am

» British Invasion/Game Over Predictions
Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitimeby Jeff X 9/12/2019, 6:40 pm

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield
Moveset Inspiration I_vote_lcapMoveset Inspiration I_voting_barMoveset Inspiration I_vote_rcap 
Nate Cage
Moveset Inspiration I_vote_lcapMoveset Inspiration I_voting_barMoveset Inspiration I_vote_rcap 
Dennis
Gareth Cason
kennydrake
Hans Olsen
DampshawIIIఒ
Keelan Callihan
The Udy
Roni Ozborn
Major Event
Major Event Schedule
May: Shake-Up Event Ω

Jul: Boiling Point Ω

Oct: Civil War Ω

Jan: Clash of the Titans Ω

Apr: Final Destination 2 Ω
Partners/Affiliates
eWmania
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Moveset Inspiration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity Scorpio

Serenity Scorpio

Moveset Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/2/2019, 11:33 am

What inspired your character's moveset? For me, I usually fuse the moveset of my picbase with my own ideas. The picbase of Serenity's father is 2 Cold Scorpio, but I liked the idea of taking some of Sting's iconic moves and giving it to to Serenity. Before she started training her favorite wrestler was Aria Jaxon, so I gave her the diving corkscrew stunner as tribute. Everything else is a move Renee Michelle uses.

For Kevin Maverick, its a mix of Ospreay, Strickland, and any other popular junior/cruiserweight to make his moveset the epitome of the cruiserweight style.

As for the Wild Boys...I just ripped off the Young Bucks lmao.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon

Aria Jaxon

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/2/2019, 2:00 pm

Both of them have moves pulled from all over the place, and don't really use moves that their picbases use. I did try to stick with realism above all else, though. If I couldn't realistically picture someone of their size hitting a certain move, they wouldn't use it. Across the board, Aria's moveset is a mix of Melina (who might have my favorite moveset of all time), Daniel Bryan, and Sami Zayn. Natasha's moveset is primarily a mix of Naomi, Alexa Bliss, and Jinny.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"It's not my fault, my responsibility, nor my burden that my existence causes you 
to feel insecure, inferior, intimidated, or threatened."
Moveset Inspiration Ariaja10
(Thank you, Rob!)
Back to top Go down
Jeff X

Jeff X

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/2/2019, 5:16 pm

My moveset is based primarily on the moves I liked to use when my little brother and I would wrestle in the backyard as kids/teenagers.

Primarily a mix of Stone Cold (My favorite wrestler at the time) and Kurt Angle (Probably my favorite moveset ever) along with a few other moves that I just liked to nail on my poor brother growing up.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Moveset Inspiration Jeffxb10
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/2/2019, 6:47 pm

I just ripped off Kurt Angle myself xD

But I've been thinking to tweak some moves here and there, I just have to think carefully if those moves would suit Kurt Angle or not, lol.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/2/2019, 10:41 pm

Azumi is very much inspired by Tanahashi, Io, Manami Toyota, and Tsukasa Fujimoto. 

Lieta is just Shayna but more leg-based attacks.

Jessica is based off every typical underdog babyface like Gargano, Sami and Dakota Kai with some moves taken from Finn because Jessica was trained by his older sister, Faye Wakefield.
Back to top Go down
ᴢᴋʏ

ᴢᴋʏ

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/3/2019, 2:57 am

I *clap* MADE *clap* MY OWN *clap* MOVES.
Back to top Go down
Rochelle

Rochelle

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/5/2019, 12:19 am

Rochelle's move set is a hybrid of Naomi and Torrie Wilson with some elements of Molly Holly.

Cynthia's is strictly Melina's, of course.

Last edited by Rochelle on 3/11/2019, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlexScott

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/5/2019, 10:19 am

My move set is a mix of guys who can fly and are pure technician mat-based wrestlers. Guys like AJ Styles, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/6/2019, 10:39 am

Basic powerhouse moveset with some of my favorite striking habits from maybe smaller guys (ie the armtrap headbutts that Al Snow used to do back in the day).  I sort of see a mix of Wrath and Ron Simmons.
Back to top Go down
Étienne

Étienne

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/6/2019, 4:06 pm

Couple come to mind for me. Daniel Bryan, Edge, Dolph Ziggler (my pic base lol), Ric Flair, pretty much any slimy opportunist/submission guy.
Back to top Go down
Étienne

Étienne

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/6/2019, 4:06 pm

Couple come to mind for me. Daniel Bryan, Edge, Dolph Ziggler (my pic base lol), Ric Flair, pretty much any slimy opportunist/submission guy.
Back to top Go down
Wild Boys

Wild Boys

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/7/2019, 11:55 pm

@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:

WE *clap* COPIED *clap* PASTA *clap* OUR *clap* OWN *clap* MOVES.
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/8/2019, 3:44 pm

When I did the original run as Judas it was a mix of Pentagon/Ospreay/Zayn/Low Ki. The second iteration switched out some of the Pentagon stuff for Omega and then for the OWA version I altered a LOT. Now there's some Tama Tonga in there as well as a little bit of Aleister Black, EC3 and Murphy sprinkled in too.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/9/2019, 7:18 pm

@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
Yeah because you used some non-wrestlers as your PB, ya thot!
Back to top Go down
Erick Adar a

PostSubject: My move set inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/9/2019, 9:47 pm

It's basically shinsuke Nakamura if shinsuke Nakamura had a baby with Brock Lesnar and Kurt angle with a lil Goldberg thrown into there as well. Nothing really of my PB anywhere
Back to top Go down
ᴢᴋʏ

ᴢᴋʏ

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/9/2019, 10:06 pm

@Azumi Goto wrote:
@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
At least I am being creative and not having my own picbase with different name.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/9/2019, 10:50 pm

@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
@Azumi Goto wrote:
@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
FIGHT ME!
Back to top Go down
ᴢᴋʏ

ᴢᴋʏ

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/9/2019, 10:52 pm

@Azumi Goto wrote:
@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
@Azumi Goto wrote:
@ᴢᴋʏ wrote:
FIGHT ME!
CASS ME OUSIDE, HOWBODEH?!
Back to top Go down
Roni Ozborn

Roni Ozborn

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime3/10/2019, 9:16 am

For Jessykah Schwarz it was very easy. I just used a very heavy Submission/MMA moveset, and with her skill in Catch Wrestling I just thought of Catch Wrestling moves as well as some inspiration from old wrestlers like Gotch and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Inspiration   Moveset Inspiration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moveset Inspiration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Omega Wrestling Alliance :: OWA Community :: OWA-Talk-
Jump to: