Omega Wrestling Alliance
Join the Omega or jump back into our universe!

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The newest episodes of Olympus, Odyssey, & Kingdom are now up!
The card for Boiling Point can be found here!
Latest topics
» Give a finisher/finisher name for the person above you
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Hayden Cross Today at 10:44 am

» What song are you listening to right now?
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Hans Olsen Today at 7:14 am

» OWA Social Feed
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby The Udy Today at 6:42 am

» OWA Promos!
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Gareth Cason Yesterday at 9:41 pm

» Trent Hawk
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/17/2019, 12:58 pm

» The Compliment Game
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby ᴢᴋʏ 9/17/2019, 5:29 am

» Yo yo yo yo
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Dennis 9/16/2019, 12:28 am

» The Omega Awards
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/14/2019, 12:17 pm

» WWE Clash of Champions (2019) Predictions
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Finnegan Wakefield 9/13/2019, 5:17 am

» British Invasion/Game Over Predictions
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitimeby Jeff X 9/12/2019, 6:40 pm

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_vote_lcapOWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_voting_barOWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_vote_rcap 
Nate Cage
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_vote_lcapOWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_voting_barOWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_vote_rcap 
Dennis
Gareth Cason
kennydrake
Hans Olsen
DampshawIIIఒ
Keelan Callihan
The Udy
Roni Ozborn
Major Event
Major Event Schedule
May: Shake-Up Event Ω

Jul: Boiling Point Ω

Oct: Civil War Ω

Jan: Clash of the Titans Ω

Apr: Final Destination 2 Ω
Partners/Affiliates
eWmania
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  Empty
PostSubject: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:20 pm

Alright, OWA. Hopefully you guys are interested in the idea that I have. I have been talking to Nas and Oasis about this and they seem to be on board, but the only way this will work is if YOU all are on board as well.

My ambition is to run a tournament similar to the G1 Climax and other similar wrestling tournaments here on OWA. 

The tentative name for it is the “Challenge Cup” (yeah, I suck at naming things) but that could easily change.

It would run over a period of 3-4 weeks, the first phase of the tournament during one of OWA’s off weeks, a week off for the regular string of shows to happen without interruption or overload, and then the knockout rounds the week after the regular show schedule. 

The tentative plan for the tournament is this: 

24 participants in 4 groups of 6. 
Each day of the group phase would be posted in summarized form. 
Once that is finished, the matchups for the quarterfinals would be set and followed by a week off, giving people opportunities to promo for whatever show they are on as well as the tournament. 
Quarters, semis and finals would take place on 1-2 stand alone shows, depending on the board’s wishes. 

I can write the bulk of the summarized shows on my own or with minimal help, that will not be a problem. But what I will need and would like to see happen is to have others on board to help write and judge promos (the Council is more than welcome to take that off my hands if they want, but again just the promise of help would be enough.) as well as writing the matches for the knockout stage of the tournament.

I also need willing participants to pull this off. 

This is mainly just testing the waters to see who would be interested and available to help/participate, but if you all have any ideas/questions, you can leave them on this thread or DM me here or on Discord. 

The goal is to run this tournament in september without interfering with any scheduled major OWA events. 

So. what do you say?

EDIT: These are the participants that are confirmed for participation so far. If your name is on this list in error your you want to use a certain character instead, just let me know: 

Finnegan Wakefield
Roni Ozborn
Stephanie Matsuda
Hans Olsen
Jeff X
Kenny Drake
Christopher Sabretooth
Hayden Cross
Reginal Dampshaw III
Azumi Goto
Carlos Rosso
ERUFUJI (OWT)
Moongoose McQueen
Miltiades
Jacob Striker (OWT)
Wil Pierce (OWT)
An entrant that wishes to remain anonymous for the moment
The Udy (Or one of his other personas)
Boujie Alan
Persephone Bane
CM Nas
The Derelict 
JD Damon
Jake Keeton

Last edited by Carlos Rosso on 8/7/2019, 6:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto

Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:24 pm

I'm definitely in for this idea.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:26 pm

Love it, and totally on board. But I have a question.

Are we allowed to use OWT characters in this? What about characters from other feds considering NJPW invites people from other companies? How does that work?
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:30 pm

@Gareth Cason wrote:

Are we allowed to use OWT characters in this? What about characters from other feds considering NJPW invites people from other companies? How does that work?

Wonderful questions.

Tentatively, the answer is yes. I want to gauge the number of potential entries we would have. People would be free to enter whomever they wanted (no more than 2 per handler though). IF we have a shortage of people wanting to sign up, pending approval of the board we would reach out to other feds for participants.
Back to top Go down
defaultKyle

defaultKyle

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:31 pm

Yes yes and yes please. 

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:32 pm

@Carlos Rosso wrote:
@Gareth Cason wrote:

Wonderful questions.

Tentatively, the answer is yes. I want to gauge the number of potential entries we would have. People would be free to enter whomever they wanted (no more than 2 per handler though). IF we have a shortage of people wanting to sign up, pending approval of the board we would reach out to other feds for participants.

Wonderful answer. I again, love the tournament idea and hope this comes to fruition!
Back to top Go down
defaultKyle

defaultKyle

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:41 pm

You should call it the CR2 Tournament...

Carlos Rosso Royale...

Ok that last one was meh, but CR2....think about it
Back to top Go down
DampshawIIIఒ

DampshawIIIఒ

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 3:57 pm

I'd be into this.
Back to top Go down
the-natural

the-natural

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 4:04 pm

Well count at least one of my OWT guys in for it and as an added bonus, sign me up to help write a match or two. Sound good, Carlos?

Also, are we limiting the board to just male wrestlers?
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 4:08 pm

@the-natural wrote:
Well count at least one of my OWT guys in for it and as an added bonus, sign me up to help write a match or two. Sound good, Carlos?

Also, are we limiting the board to just male wrestlers?
This will be open to all OWA/OWT characters, male or female.
Back to top Go down
Roni Ozborn

Roni Ozborn

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 4:31 pm

You can say I'm...*pushes sunglasses up*...All In
Back to top Go down
Hayden Cross

Hayden Cross

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 4:57 pm

I'd be down.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 5:26 pm

Just to update you guys: I've got a three judge panel sorted out and it seems like there is a good chunk of interest so we will probably be doing this thing. 

Still need a few more expressions of interest before I go about trying to get this on the OWA calendar, though.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 5:27 pm

@Carlos Rosso wrote:
Just to update you guys: I've got a three judge panel sorted out and it seems like there is a good chunk of interest so we will probably be doing this thing. 

Still need a few more expressions of interest before I go about trying to get this on the OWA calendar, though.
Also have some volunteers to write, which is good. Many hands will make light work.
Back to top Go down
Miltiades & Zaxaria

Miltiades & Zaxaria

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 5:58 pm

I love taking opportunities from new talent so yea I'll join
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 6:05 pm

Miltiades & Zaxaria wrote:
I love taking opportunities from new talent so yea I'll join
Spoken like a true veteran.
Back to top Go down
Matsuda

Matsuda

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 7:58 pm

I'm gonna regret this...
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 8:06 pm

I'm joining in xD
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield

Finnegan Wakefield

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 8:32 pm

Always up for a G1.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  Xz6Lnz4
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/4/2019, 9:18 pm

6 spots still free.

Last edited by Carlos Rosso on 8/5/2019, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Udy

The Udy

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/5/2019, 4:31 am

I am IN!
Back to top Go down
The Udy

The Udy

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/5/2019, 4:37 am

Also since i am working on Udy's character in lines of 3 faces of Foley, can all the 3 characters be involved?

1) Udy
2) Dr. Ryland
3) "The Infernal Beast" Udy

Let me know.

This idea of tournie is awesome man!
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso

Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/5/2019, 6:24 am

@The Udy wrote:
Also since i am working on Udy's character in lines of 3 faces of Foley, can all the 3 characters be involved?

1) Udy
2) Dr. Ryland
3) "The Infernal Beast" Udy

Let me know.

This idea of tournie is awesome man!
We can use all three in a sense, but i only have a slot for one proper. Limiting involvement to one entry per person unless spots don't get filled
Back to top Go down
The Udy

The Udy

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/5/2019, 6:39 am

Okay!  So let me try out the 1st character.  Udy (laid back, cynical and ironic) will be the one for the now.

The other characters may pop up in some capacity.
Back to top Go down
defaultKyle

defaultKyle

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime8/5/2019, 9:26 am

Oh! Can you also add Kenny Drake? 

Kenny luhs tournies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament    OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OWA "Challenge Cup" Proposed tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next