Omega Wrestling Alliance
Join the Omega or jump back into our universe!

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The newest episodes of Olympus, Odyssey, & Kingdom are now up!
The card for Boiling Point can be found here!
Latest topics
» Give a finisher/finisher name for the person above you
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Hayden Cross Today at 10:44 am

» What song are you listening to right now?
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Hans Olsen Today at 7:14 am

» OWA Social Feed
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby The Udy Today at 6:42 am

» OWA Promos!
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Gareth Cason Yesterday at 9:41 pm

» Trent Hawk
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/17/2019, 12:58 pm

» The Compliment Game
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby ᴢᴋʏ 9/17/2019, 5:29 am

» Yo yo yo yo
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Dennis 9/16/2019, 12:28 am

» The Omega Awards
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Nate Cage 9/14/2019, 12:17 pm

» WWE Clash of Champions (2019) Predictions
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Finnegan Wakefield 9/13/2019, 5:17 am

» British Invasion/Game Over Predictions
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitimeby Jeff X 9/12/2019, 6:40 pm

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_vote_lcapSpider-Man could be leaving MCU I_voting_barSpider-Man could be leaving MCU I_vote_rcap 
Nate Cage
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_vote_lcapSpider-Man could be leaving MCU I_voting_barSpider-Man could be leaving MCU I_vote_rcap 
Dennis
Gareth Cason
kennydrake
Hans Olsen
DampshawIIIఒ
Keelan Callihan
The Udy
Roni Ozborn
Major Event
Major Event Schedule
May: Shake-Up Event Ω

Jul: Boiling Point Ω

Oct: Civil War Ω

Jan: Clash of the Titans Ω

Apr: Final Destination 2 Ω
Partners/Affiliates
eWmania
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Spider-Man could be leaving MCU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

Spider-Man could be leaving MCU Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/20/2019, 6:39 pm

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-will-no-longer-be-shared-by-marvel-and-sony-1837416155

Your thoughts on this?

My 2 cents is that considering what happened to James Gunn (got fired and rehired back) I think Spider-Man would stayed. It was Disney's fault after all. 50% is too much. I'd say they should seetle with 20%.

Both Sony and Disney are going to have countless angry/dissapoinment tweets. They'll figure something out. Kevin Faige is most likely pissed on Disney as well.

I'm sure they'll work something out.....at least I hope so :/
Back to top Go down
Derelict

Derelict

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/20/2019, 7:55 pm

Considering the properties Disney was allowing Sony to use within their project, I'd say 50% is fair. Odds are this separation will end in a senseless fourth reboot of the Spider-Man franchise that wont be anywhere as good as the Tom Holland stuff, because everything linked to this current run of Spidey is directly tied to the Avengers. The first movie was about living up to Tony Stark's expectations, the second was about cleaning up Tony's messes and proving himself as an Avenger. What are they going to do now? They've opened the world map and took him out of the boroughs. Considering the post-credit stuff, odds are he wont be able to stay friendly or neighborhood.

Is Disney holding Sony over a barrel? Maybe, but Sony moved the barrel underneath themselves while Marvel slapped a dollar sign on the side. It's time to bite the bullet and fill the barrel.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/20/2019, 8:30 pm

Tom Holland will still be Spider-Man even if the character does leave MCU but I do agree about the reboot things considering his solo movies were directly tie to The Avengers. 

But yes, even if Tom Holland keeps potraying the character outside of MCU, it'll be odd.

Hmm you have a good point about the 50% deal. I'd say both companies are about on equal footing based on what you said (and some bad records in the past).

Honestly though, they'll most likely reach a new deal because this could be even a greater controversy event than what happened to James Gunn.....no disrespected to him.
Back to top Go down
Christopher Sabertooth

Christopher Sabertooth

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/21/2019, 1:33 am

Okay, so Far From Home was released once again in theatres. What's a good way in generating buzz? Viola. We'll get news in a week's time or maybe in a month or two that a new deal has been struck. Or at least, I hope so. Sigh

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Spider-Man could be leaving MCU Ezgif-3-0563cddd488e

Spider-Man could be leaving MCU CHRISOPHERSABERTOOTH12

Shoutout to Rob/Christie Sky for this dope Signature!!
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/21/2019, 3:36 am

At this point of rate with countless fans upset, they'll make a new deal. Sure this is a big IF scenario but don't think Disney and especially Sony (since people mostly blame them) would be comfortable with this situations.

Apparently a source also said it has something to do with Kevin Faige wants to do a soft reboot with Venom (meaning Disney will still use Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock).

A new deal will be made. Maybe Disney would get a 20%-30% profit which I think is the best solutions for now. Don't think they would buy The rights to Spider-Man movies and characters considering it was tough for Disney to buy Fox which X-Men and F4 are just a plus for Disney.
Back to top Go down
Derelict

Derelict

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/21/2019, 9:38 am

I don't think money's the issue with Disney. If Sony gave them a price tag on Spider-Man, I think Disney would bite, but Sony's not doing that because they want to keep their thumb in the pie. Sony just doesn't want to play ball. It's Fantastic Four all over again. Fox kept making reboots every 10 years or so that nobody wanted just to be petty and keep a hold on the intellectual property rights because they knew if they let it lapse that Marvel would swoop in and do more lucrative things with something that's their own creation. In the end they finally depleted the property and put a price tag on it and Marvel bought it. Granted, Sony's done better things with Spider-Man in every carnation than what Fox did with F4. The Toby McGuire Spidey series was great with Sam Raimi at the helm (until they pissed him off and forced him to make a third film that he didn't want), and Andrew Garfield's run wasn't bad either. It had it's hiccups, but it wasn't Fantastic Four or even X-Men bad. I didn't see the second film, but the worst review I heard for it was that it was 'meh'.

If it's a publicity stunt to drum up a bigger box office, then it's horribly misguided. It's not like Spidey was hurting at the box office, and this sort of talk could only deter folks who don't keep up with this kind of news on the reg who don't want the property to be creatively shifted in any way.

Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/21/2019, 10:12 am

@Derelict wrote:
Andrew Garfield's run wasn't bad either.  It had it's hiccups, but it wasn't Fantastic Four or even X-Men bad.  I didn't see the second film, but the worst review I heard for it was that it was 'meh'.
Whoever said that was being far too generous. TASM2 was cartoonishly bad.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime8/21/2019, 10:49 am

Lol I agree Sony won't let Spider-Man go easily. Something tell me Sony would want an exchange for a Disney's property if Disney does end up buying Spider-Man.

This isn't the best idea for my part but I feel like Disney and Sony could solved this with a similar approach to Hulk and Universal. Sony controls the right to Spider-Man solo movies while Disney uses him in an Avengers or another character movies. 

I'd try my best to not mention Tobey Maguire's and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man movies because it depends on our own liking/personal taste but I'll give examples. I don't think The Origins: Wolverine was as bad as people thought but it is definitly the weakest one in The Wolverine trilogy. I also liked Tom Hardy's Venom movie despite the negative reviews, lol.

I don't think this would be a publicity stunt. There are no reasons for both companies to do this because Spider-Man MCU movies are successfull. On Sony's part....again, this would just make people angry, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hans Olsen

Hans Olsen

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime9/6/2019, 6:24 am

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sony-chief-provides-spider-man-050230007.html

That's ok, I still have a hope. The deadline is until mid 2020. Until then, he could still be back to MCU. Could be me still in denial but :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man could be leaving MCU   Spider-Man could be leaving MCU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man could be leaving MCU
Page 1 of 1