Omega Wrestling Alliance

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Vindication prediction thread
by Jessykah Schwarz Today at 10:04 am

» Happy Birthday to the reason you all have Ligma
by TBroomey Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» HTH Application
by The Goose Yesterday at 8:51 pm

» List Your All Time Favorite Matches in Efedding
by Jon McAdams 9/15/2018, 8:31 pm

» Who would your Attitude Era pic base have been?
by TyAnna Jupiter 9/15/2018, 12:39 pm

» Laurence Naismith
by Laurence Naismith 9/14/2018, 8:31 am

» NFL Regular Season: Week 2 Predictions
by Brax 9/13/2018, 6:43 pm

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield

Azumi Goto

Jon McAdams

The Cleanser

Bishop

ScottyAdams

Jeff X

TBroomey

kennydrake

Diaz Iniesta

Major Event

Major Event Schedule
May: Hardcore Havoc
June: Game Over
July: Boiling Point Ω
August: Burning Sky
September: Vindication
October: Civil War Ω
December: Revelations
January: Under Pressure Ω
March: Divine Retribution
April: Final Destination Ω
Partners/Affiliates

eWmania

Share | 

Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CASPIAN

PostSubject: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 10:32 am

The title says it all.  Pick 3 artists for each of the underrated and overrated categories.  If you want to, you can explain why you feel this way.

Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 2:39 pm

You mean musical artists, correct?
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 2:40 pm

UNDERRATED:
1. Bad Brains - “there wouldn’t be punk without the Ramone’s!” Well there wouldn’t be modern punk without Bad Brains. So ppppppppppppst.
2. Iceage - For whatever reason, danish art punk doesn’t get it’s due in America...
3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - He’s God, the Devil, and all of us at the same time. Listen to Mercy Seat and Red Right Hand for proof he’s a boss, and Where The Wild Roses Grow for proof of his talent.

OVERRATED
1. Ed Sheeran - oh, we can make a career off just being in T-Swift’s friend zone? Lovely. Fuck off, Eddie. 
2. Lady Gaga - I remember that song! Back when Madonna wrote it.
3. Imagine Dragons - “Hey, I wrote a shitty chorus! Albums done!” Fuck off, boiz
Back to top Go down
Clinton Stone

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 3:41 pm

Underrated
Watsky - Oh my god this guy is so talented. Dude is a legitimate artist over a rapper/singer. Masterfully fused poetry into his music, great technical skill, nice speed rap + he puts the music above money. The guy literally made a whole FILM for his album. His work ethic is second to none.

Khary - He's been bubbling for a while and has put out great album after great album. "Quitting" is probs one of the most relateable songs I've listened to as far as hating where you work and wanting to bet on yourself.

Lou The Human - This kid is a GENIUS. He got tons of hate last month when he was a XXL nominee because of his look but having heard his music I've found out he's the definition of not judging a book by it's cover. Channeling vibes of classic Slim Shady circa 1999 mixed with Watching Movies With The Sound Off/Delusional Thomas era Mac Miller he just delivers great bar after great bar and honestly made one of the best straight up hip hop albums of recent memory.

Honorable Mentions: NF, Rich Brian, Witt Lowry, Adrien Stresow, Justin Stone, Prof (the last three def need more love, got a nice following but they're smaller than the first 3 names I gave out.)

Overrated
Kanye West - Great rapper but holy shit some people think he can literally do no wrong. Dude can release random, disjointed tracks and it'll get defended as art as opposed to trash.

6ix9ine - Nice turn up music but this King of NY shtick is overboard

Beyonce - Just because I know Aria will be reading this.
Back to top Go down
Keelan Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 4:31 pm

Underrated: 

EDEN - The most underrated artist on earth right now. I have seriously never listened to an artist as unique as this individual. He is fantastic lyrically, and his indie/electronica/EDM vibe is an incredible blend of genres that really gives off that unique vibe that he has. 

Ocean Alley - An incredible Australian band with the most chill vibes ever. I don't think I've ever met anybody outside this country that's ever heard of this group. 

6LACK - He's probably not underrated in the sense that a lot of his music videos on YouTube have millions upon millions of views, but every time I bring him up with mates they're always like "who's that?". 

Overrated:
Imagine Dragons
The Chainsmokers
Little Mix

Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 4:54 pm

Underrated:

Cult to follow: Excellent band and lycially diverse as well. Not much you can really say negative about them at all
Dead Letter Circus: Insanely good band, and I don't think many/enough people have heard of them.
Within Temptation: Never get the credit they deserve for how good they really are.

Overrated:

Celine Dion: She's NEVER been great. Like, ever. Most of her songs are blehhhh and vanilla and if she didn't have the affiliation with Titanic, I doubt she would ever have been relevant.
Taylor Swift: Do I need to explain this?
360: Not so much any more, but dude was NEVER that good lol. Like, most of his raps were cringey at best and grated on the ears.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 6:18 pm

Underrated: Aminé: Great rap artist with sharp takes and an amazing writer. 

George Watsky: God this guy is an awesome writer, his music is so nuance and detailed even when he's rapping way too fast for you to understand it.

Nothing More: I seem to never find anybody talking about these guys. Maybe they aren't as popular as about 2 years ago but they're still fucking great.

Overrated: 

Migos: these guys can't write to save their lives and every single song sounds exactly the same.

Lil Pump: I met this dude, he's a piece of shit. And Gucci Gang is only worth listening to so you can make fun of it.

Kid Rock: I know only WWE and Southerners still think this guy is relevant, but ANY recognition this guy gets is too much.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    4/11/2018, 6:23 pm

Gareth Cason wrote:
Underrated: Aminé: Great rap artist with sharp takes and an amazing writer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?    

Back to top Go down

Who are some artists that you consider underrated and overrated?
Page 1 of 1