Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» POET APPRECIATION STATION
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels May 17th 2024, 3:06 am

» BRODY APPRECIATION STATION!
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels May 17th 2024, 3:04 am

» THE AUTHENTIC APPRECIATION THREAD.
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Nobi May 14th 2024, 6:51 pm

» PLATINUM QUEENS APPRECIATION STATION
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Nobi May 14th 2024, 6:50 pm

» OWA Promos
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Diantha Rosso May 9th 2024, 11:59 pm

» "Discus" Devi Krysis
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles

Go down 
+3
Angelina Magnum
Alyssa Grace
Ethan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ethan

Ethan

"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles Empty
PostSubject: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2023, 4:00 pm

BASIC INFORMATION
Wrestling Name: Ethan Giles
Picture Base: Charles Crowley (Previously: Jervis Cottonbelly, Silver Ant, MAX Zero)
Current Nicknames: The GentleGrappler, Master of 1,000 Hugs, Mr. Brightside
Height: 6'3, 190.5 cm
Weight: 240 lbs, 17.1 stones
Hometown: The Happiest House in London

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Disposition/Alignment:
Pure Babyface 

Gimmick:  A man of many (figurative and literal) hats, Ethan has been a member of an extraordinary league, the most unlikely world champion of a deathmatch promotion,  a conduit for ancient forest Gods, and a retail worker to name the big ones. Through it all he’s carried on trying to be true to himself no matter what has come his way as a man that grew up loving to entertain. It doesn't matter whether it's on his children's edutainment television show or inside the ring. Ethan's a silly goofy (not so) little guy that wants to believe the best of others. It's worth noting that he's also a pacifist at heart, which means that he has never and he will never throw a strike. Even in a wrestling ring. Ethan's wrestling style tends to focus more on trapping his opponents in flash pins (roll-up's) and submission holds that tangle up the opponent (rather than applying pressure or torque to hurt them), and a pinch of comedy. 

RINGSIDE INFORMATION
Theme Music: Every Snowflake is Different (Just Like You) by My Chemical Romance 

Entrance 
The start of the music can mean only one thing, it's time for Ethan Giles and his friends from the Ethan Giles' Super Awesome Magical Explosion Musical Edutainment Show! Robbie The Robot and Waylon The Street Crossing Guard, Ramone The Chipmunk and others burst out from behind the curtain alongside Ethan to the adulation from the children in attendance! This motley crew charms even some of the older fans present when they make their way to the ring in a chaotic parade like formation. Ethan leads his cohorts all the way around the ringside area, making sure to slap hands and hug every single fan that's there. Not satisfied with just the fans, Ethan makes it a point to shake the hands of every single OWA crewmember at ringside too, the cameramen, the photographers, everybody. It's while Ethan is talking to the fans that Buster Bunny organises the rest of Ethan's friends that came out with him to help him hoist Ethan up and plant him on the apron, nearly making Ethan lose his hat in the process! Ethan laughs it off and he leapfrogs over the top rope, rolling through his land to be up on one knee and he throws his hat and arms to his sides with a "Ta da"! Ethan walks up to the referee and he shakes their hand too, making sure they're doing alright. He does a few elementary rolls and stretches in his corner to get ready for the match ahead of him. 

MOTIVATIONS
What are your character’s motivations for competing? At a young age Ethan was taken to the circus like a lot of young people, this circus just so happened to include a small traveling troupe of wrestlers. Immediately he was mesmerised and he knew what he wanted to do when he grew up, he wanted to entertain. That's Ethan's entire goal in wrestling, to entertain the audience the most that he possibly can. This ideology by Ethan has been taken to its extremes in the past, for example when happenstance saw him being booked by a deathmatch promotion. Ethan willingly agreed to participate in deathmatches for the promotion, knowing that he would not (due to his own beliefs of pacifism) pick up a weapon himself. He will take extreme risks for his own wellbeing for the sake of making the fans happy.

Tendency to Cheat: Choose from these options: Never 

IN-RING INFORMATION
Wrestling Debut [Optional]: 2017
Favorite Match Types [Optional]: World of Sports Rules
Least Favorite Match Types [Optional]: Any that deprives the fans of a good show.
Favorite Weapon[Optional]: His hugs.
In-Ring Achievements [Optional]: 
REBELLION Pro Ballroom Champion x2
REBELLION Pro New Atlantic Tag Team Champions x2 (Longest Reigning; Most Defences)
Yamashi's AfterDark Tanoshii Champion
Yamashi's AfterDark Trios Champions
Yamashi's DTW Eternal Warfare Champion
Yamashi's DTW World Champion
LYT Wrestling World Championship Ring
OWF Ultimate World Champion
LOVE POWER Intrepid Champion
King's Road Supremacy Champion
King's Road National Champion
King's Road World Champion
King's Road Best Championship Run Award
King's Road Best Technique Award
King's Road Fan Favourite Award
EOTY Rookie of the Year Award
EOTY Technical Wrestler of the Year Award x2

Common Moves: Minimum ten (10)
Alpamare Waterslide
Arm Twist Takedown
Arm Wrench Takedown
Armdrag (Regular/Handspring/Hooking/Japanese/Rope Walk/Springboard/Tilt-a-Whirl/Top Rope) 
Backslide Cradle
Backwards Roll Senton
Bearhug (Emphasis on hug)
Belly to Belly Suplex (Regular/Bridging Pin)
Black Tornado Slam
Body Stretch Muffler
Bow and Arrow
Bridging Backslide Pin
Bridging Figure Four Leglock Pin
Butterfly Lock
Casadora Roll
Cerebral Lock
Chinlock
Crab Trap
Cravate 
Cravate Suplex (Regular/Bridging Pin)
Crossbody (Basement/Running/Springboard/Top Rope)
Crucifix Pin
Delfin Clutch
Dos Caras Clutch
Double Leg Takedown
Double Wristlock Suplex
Dragon Screw
Elevated (Gorilla Press) Wristlock
European Clutch
Fallaway Slam
Finlay Roll
Fireman’s Carry Takedown
Fireman’s Carry Takedown → Schoolboy Pin
Floatover Fallaway Suplex
Flying Armbar Leg Trap Cradle
Folding Press Pin
Fujiwara Armbar
Gator Roll Cradle
Gedo Clutch
German Suplex (Bridging Pin/Deadlift/Stalling)
Gibson Clutch
Gory Cradle
Grapevine Ankle Lock
Grounded Octopus Hold
Gutwrench Suplex (Regular/Deadlift/Stalling)
Half-Hatch Suplex
Half Nelson Cradle
Hammerlock
Hammerlock  Headscissors Small Package
Hammerlock → Inside Cradle
Headscissors Takedown (Regular/Satellite/Spinning/Springboard/Top Rope)
Hiptoss
Hurricanrana (Basement/Rope Walk/Running/Springboard/Top Rope)
Hurricanrana Victory Roll
Indian Deathlock
Inside Cradle
Inverted Surfboard Stretch
Jackknife Hold
Karalin Lift
Kimura Lock
La Magistral Cradle
Leg Rowboat
Leg Stretch Muffler
Leg Sweeping Leg Trap Schoolboy
Legscissors Cradle
Lou Thesz Press Pin
Manami Roll
Monkey Flip
Mouse Trap
O'Connor Roll
Oklahoma Roll
Outside Cradle
Pendulum Swing
Powerslam
Prawn Hold
Pretzel Lock
Propeller Headscissors Necklock
Reverse Bulldog
Rolling Leghook Cradle
Satellite Cradle
Schoolboy Cradle
Seatbelt Pin
Single Leg Takedown
Skayde Special
Spinning Toe Hold
Sunset Flip (Regular/Slingshot/Springboard/Top Rope)
Surfboard Chinlock
Swanton Bomb
Swinging Sleeper Hold
Tequila Sunrise
Tilt-a-Whirl Facebuster
Top Rope Belly Flop
Tope Con Hilo
Wheelbarrow Roll
Wristlock Suplex
Vertical Suplex (Bridging Pin/Deadlift/Stalling)
Victory Roll

Signature Moves: Minimum of two (2), maximum of five (5)
1. Around The World - La Quackikca
2. Fainting Spell - "Fainting" Top Rope Trust Fall 
3. Roundabout - The Russ Abbot
4. Uh Oh! Upside Down! - Gannosuke Clutch
5. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Giant Swing

Finishing Moves: Maximum three (3) and one (1) optional ultra-finisher (UF)
1. Close Encounters With The Gentle Kind - UFO
2. Dream Maker - Rip Cord   Inside Cradle
3. Piggy Back Ride - Airplane Spin
UF. Giles Lock/Clutch - Bridging Double Underhook Chickenwing (Giles Lock) → Bridging Double Underhook Chickenwing Cradle (Giles Clutch; Used if the Giles Lock fails)

NOTES: 
* Ethan Giles' wrestling style is very much a fusion of old World of Sports style BritWres and Lucha Libre.

* As mentioned above, Ethan Giles is a pacifist. He will not throw a punch or a kick or really any move that would actively hurt his opponent. His strategy in matches is to generally have fun and either catch his opponent off guard or tire them out.

* The Ethan Giles' Super Awesome Magical Explosion Musical Edutainment Show cast generally follows him around wherever he goes during shows, though they are good willed creatures that won't outright interfere on his behalf. They may however intercept a heel attempting to cheat, or try to. Remember, they're a children show's characters. They are going to be silly and comedic. 

* The Ethan Giles' Super Awesome Magical Explosion Musical Edutainment Show cast includes Robby The Robot (picbase: Shockwave The Wrestling Robot), Buster Bunny (picbase: Adam Rose's Bunny), Waylon The Cross Guard (picbase: Shane Storm), Ramone The Chipmunk (picbase: CP Munk), Elder Craig (picbase: The Gentlemen's Club Swamp Monster), Fluff The Magic Dragon (picbase: Dragon Dragon), and Rock Balboona (picbase: U.S.Ape). Picbases included for reference points and help visualising them purposes only (not trying to claim all those lol).

HANDLER INFORMATION:
Name (what you like to be called in chat): Ethan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Fed Experience: Novice
How did you find us: The world wide web.

Last edited by Ethan on September 22nd 2023, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Matsuda, Alyssa Grace, DarkCircle, Felix Hartley and Chad Ecclestone have spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Alyssa Grace

Alyssa Grace

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2023, 4:43 pm

I like your hats. 

Welcome to OWA my friend! Super excited to have you here.

Ethan has spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Angelina Magnum

Angelina Magnum

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2023, 5:57 pm

OH MY GOD WE HAVE A CROWLEY BASE?!

THE SPECTACULAR TWAT HIMSELF!!

ALL HAIL THE TWAT!!

Back to top Go down
Matsuda

Matsuda

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2023, 7:13 pm

Welcome 😁

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(Big thanks to Leah!)"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles 1

Back to top Go down
Mark Michaels

Mark Michaels

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2023, 9:07 pm

Welcome aboard

Back to top Go down
DarkCircle

DarkCircle

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2023, 10:32 am

*DUDE*!!!! Welcome, Welcome Ethan!

Back to top Go down
KEKOA

KEKOA

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2023, 10:09 pm

Welcome!

Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2023, 12:29 am

Hi everybody! "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles Giphy

Excited to be here and to try my hand writing with you lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles   "The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The GentleGrappler" Ethan Giles
Page 1 of 1