Omega Wrestling Alliance

Signup to our Efed - Omega Wrestling Alliance - today!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Time Favorite Wrestling Feuds?
by kennydrake Today at 10:19 pm

» The Compliment Game
by Aria Jaxon Today at 9:15 pm

» OWA Social Feed
by Wolvesden \+/ Today at 8:39 pm

» ATKOBSA - Ask The King Of Bullcock Style Anything
by Bull Connors Today at 12:42 pm

» All Time favorite Wrestling Match(es)
by The Cleanser Today at 10:36 am

» Will Neilson
by Weily Today at 3:42 am

» OWA Promos!
by The Goose Today at 1:21 am

Top posting users this week
kennydrake

ScottyAdams

The Cleanser

Wolvesden +/

Nobi

TBroomey

Finnegan Wakefield

Tarah Nova

Judas

Bishop

Major Event

Major Event Schedule
May: Hardcore Havoc
June: Game Over
July: Boiling Point Ω
August: Burning Sky
September: Vindication
October: Civil War Ω
December: Revelations
January: Under Pressure Ω
March: Divine Retribution
April: Final Destination Ω
Partners/Affiliates

eWmania

Share | 

OWA Draft - Draft Predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 12:40 pm

With the coming OWA Draft, I thought it would be a good idea to just air how this is going to work and address any possible concerns one might have involving the draft itself. As you have no doubt figured out, we will now be operating with two brands; Kingdom & Olympus. Kingdom will remain in its usual time slot of Sundays (deadline Saturdays 11:59pm EST) and Olympus will be on Fridays (deadline Thursdays 11:59pm EST).

With this, the roster will be split in half to either brand, with the exception of the goddesses as they will be bouncing between both brands (and they will not be booked twice in one week.) Each brand will have one of the world champions (Finnegan or Nas) and one of the mid-card champions (Scotty or Gareth), with the Tag Team and Women's championships now being Interbranded. Tag Teams will be drafted together so no worries, you will not be split up. Kingdom will be keeping the current staff members (i.e. Vernon Tressler, Chet Kensington, Lance Hart and Morgan Shaw) while Olympus will be getting an entirely new staff including a new general manager, referee and commentators. Goddess staff (Viola DeMarco, Elle Halen, Ashley Walker & Gia Cervantes), as well as owner Bob Taylor, will be appearing on both brands. The forum will be updated with the brand subsections following the draft.

From this point forward, new sign-ups will be given a brand (except if they are a Goddess of course) and any alternative characters introduced will be signed to the opposite brand your current character is in (example: your main character is already on Kingdom, the alternative character will go to Olympus). If your alternative character is a goddess, they will more than likely be booked on the opposite show your male character is on. If you have two female characters, they'll be booked on separate brands from each other with rare occasions being on the same show. If this is a concern, let a staff member know.

Finally, PPV's will now be brand exclusive with the exception of the big 4 (Boiling Point, Civil War, Under Pressure & Final Destination) as well as our SSW crossover event, Budokai Tenkaichi.

With that being said, feel free to leave your predictions below as to who will be going where! Hopefully this thread answers any questions about the upcoming draft and if not, feel free to let us know!

Back to top Go down
TBroomey

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 12:58 pm

I'd love to see Gareth on Olympus. Think the TV Title is the perfect opportunity to quickly establish an identity for a new show. Plus, the belt's blue so I'm pretty sure that's a guarantee it's going there. Gotta have those matching colour schemes.

Nas on Olympus and Finn on Kingdom seems like a given, especially after that match Finn had at Game Over.

I like the idea of interbranded belts as well. It'll allow the tag and women's titles to feel fresh as wrestlers typically kept separate from each other will be able to feud. 

Also, alternating big shows with brands is fantastic as it can avoid creative burnout.

One question I have though is whether writers will be primarily assigned to specific shows where they keep track of storylines and feuds there or if everyone's gonna write for both shows.

Aside from that, I think the brand split's a great choice for the fed.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 1:03 pm

TBroomey wrote:
One question I have though is whether writers will be primarily assigned to specific shows where they keep track of storylines and feuds there or if everyone's gonna write for both shows.

Each brand will have one head writer and backup writers have the option to write matches exclusively from one brand or pick and choose from the weekly line up. Since the cards will now be smaller since the roster for each is smaller, it should equal up to the same amount of work as it did previously, although if a backup writer doesn't mind picking up a match on both shows, that goes a long way.

Back to top Go down
TBroomey

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 1:04 pm

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
TBroomey wrote:

Each brand will have one head writer and backup writers have the option to write matches exclusively from one brand or pick and choose from the weekly line up. Since the cards will now be smaller since the roster for each is smaller, it should equal up to the same amount of work as it did previously, although if a backup writer doesn't mind picking up a match on both shows, that goes a long way.
Seems like a sensible system. Cheers for the clarification Finn.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 1:52 pm

What happens with factions? Like will Wolvesden be drafted as a unit, or will individual members be drafted ?
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 2:16 pm

kennydrake wrote:
What happens with factions? Like will Wolvesden be drafted as a unit, or will individual members be drafted ?

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
Tag Teams will be drafted together so no worries, you will not be split up.
In Wolvesdens case, they will all end up on the same brand.

Back to top Go down
kennydrake

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 3:44 pm

Gotcha! Glossed over that in the first read through
Back to top Go down
Jessica Rose

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 4:50 pm

I think personally Finn is gonna lead the Kingdom brand as the young champ and let Nas as the established guy lead the new brand of Olympus.

For mid-card, I can see Scotty take his talents to Olympus to potential become a challenger for Nas' belt after his title reign as Spartan champ is over and Gareth can take his newly won TV title over to Kingdom. 

I think Militades will be drafted on to the same brand as Nas and the exact opposite for Tarah as I see her going to opposite brand as Nas. Oasis would also be a great choice to be on the same brand as Finn, just have a threatening heel like Oasis on the show. Wolvesden would be a fantastic group to add to the new show.

Not sure about the rest of the roster tbh
Back to top Go down
Sweet Roxy

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/13/2018, 10:32 pm

I said fuck it and just split people to brands. Cause why not. This is seriously based on nothing except that I want to put people together in certain places.

KINGDOM
Finnegan Wakefield 
Gareth Cason
Miltiades
Caspian
Jacob Senn
Kenny Drake
Trevor Marsden
Michael Bishop
Christopher Sabertooth

OLYMPUS
CM Nas
Scotty Adams
Carlos Rosso
Stark
Boujie Allan
Bull Connors
Scott Oasis
Axl Willow
Jon McAdams

FIRED
Azumi Goto
Jessica Rose

JANITOR
Nate Cage
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/14/2018, 5:08 am

I can see myself (and the Spartan's belt) heading over to Olympus, if for no other reason than it makes sense with the Greek mythological connection. I can also see Nas moving over to be the 'lead' champion. Finn/Gareth stay on Kingdom as the champions there. As such, I can also see Militades and Caspian coming over to Olympus as well (as the main championship feuds for the new brand, especially with the PPV's being brand exclusive too outside of the big 4).
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/14/2018, 10:07 am

ScottyAdams wrote:
I can see myself (and the Spartan's belt) heading over to Olympus, if for no other reason than it makes sense with the Greek mythological connection. I can also see Nas moving over to be the 'lead' champion. Finn/Gareth stay on Kingdom as the champions there. As such, I can also see Militades and Caspian coming over to Olympus as well (as the main championship feuds for the new brand, especially with the PPV's being brand exclusive too outside of the big 4).

But what you didn't think of is that the TV title is blue and the Olympus logo is blue as well. 
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   6/14/2018, 3:39 pm

Gareth Cason wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:

But what you didn't think of is that the TV title is blue and the Olympus logo is blue as well. 

That also makes sense lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OWA Draft - Draft Predictions   

Back to top Go down

OWA Draft - Draft Predictions
Page 1 of 1