Omega Wrestling Alliance

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules and regulations!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Vindication prediction thread
by Jessykah Schwarz Today at 0:04

» Happy Birthday to the reason you all have Ligma
by TBroomey Yesterday at 13:01

» HTH Application
by The Goose Yesterday at 10:51

» List Your All Time Favorite Matches in Efedding
by Jon McAdams Sun 16 Sep 2018 - 10:31

» Who would your Attitude Era pic base have been?
by TyAnna Jupiter Sun 16 Sep 2018 - 2:39

» Laurence Naismith
by Laurence Naismith Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 22:31

» NFL Regular Season: Week 2 Predictions
by Brax Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:43

Top posting users this week
Finnegan Wakefield

Azumi Goto

Jon McAdams

The Cleanser

Bishop

ScottyAdams

Jeff X

TBroomey

kennydrake

Diaz Iniesta

Major Event

Major Event Schedule
May: Hardcore Havoc
June: Game Over
July: Boiling Point Ω
August: Burning Sky
September: Vindication
October: Civil War Ω
December: Revelations
January: Under Pressure Ω
March: Divine Retribution
April: Final Destination Ω
Partners/Affiliates

eWmania

Share | 

Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CASPIAN

PostSubject: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 5:02

Now that Wrestlemania 34 is in the books, what did you guys and gals think of it?  What would you give it in an out of 10 scale?  What were your favorite and least favorite moments?  

Back to top Go down
Keelan Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 6:41

7.5/10. Was a real fun show up until the last hour. That was such an odd 60 minutes to sit through. Styles vs. Nakamura was fine but definitely could have been better. Didn't help that the crowd was dead throughout it. Nicholas is the undisputed GOAT of the WWE and I feel bad for Sheamus and Cesaro that they had to be outshined by him. And the main event was a huge, gigantic pile of ass.

Asuka vs Charlotte definitely stole the show as did Ronda/Angle vs Hunter/Steph. Can't believe that mixed tag match was my personal favourite of the night. Daniel Bryan's return was great. Gave me chills. IC Title Triple Threat was outstanding and maybe the best opening WM match of all time, US Title match was fine, Smackdown Tag Title match was fine, Nia vs Bliss was fine. The whole Cena/Taker shit was also fantastic too. Excellent storytelling there.

Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 13:28

6/10 (...stop it). I think? Even from the start of the pre-show, it seemed like the show was gonna exceed my expectations. My prediction for the men's battle royal was way off (though it's okay that Matt won), Naomi with the swerve and well-deserved win in the women's battle royal was cool to see, and I absolutely loved the Cruiserweight title match as much as I figured I would. Cedric and Mustafa killed it. 

The Intercontinental title match was a dope opener. Bonus points for Miz suffering and for Seth having my favorite entrance of the night. Asuka vs. Charlotte was absolutely match of the night and I'm still pretty ecstatic the streak is over. The mixed tag match knocked the entertainment aspect out of the park. Daniel's return was surreal in the best way and all four men worked a good match. Major ups to Sami and Kevin's on-point heel work. The United States title match was okay as far as quality, I guess? It wasn't super memorable for me, and of course, I'd have had Rusev win. It made sense for the SmackDown Tag Team title match to be as short as it was, but I'd personally have loved to see all three teams put on a longer match, which could've stolen the show. Cena/Taker was just weird to sit through, although the bits with John being in the crowd were at least entertaining. The Raw Women's title match was better than I expected, but that's not saying much since it still wasn't objectively that great. AJ/Shinsuke could've ruled the night but it felt like something was off. It did seem as if time got shaved off and that had them off-kilter. I have faith that Shinsuke's heel turn will go well, though, and it came clear outta left field. Props for the shock value on that. We're just gonna pretend that the Raw Tag and Universal Championship matches didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
CASPIAN

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 14:08

7/10.  Wasn't my favorite Mania, but I enjoyed it; something seemed really off this time around but there were some fun moments nonetheless.  The Cruiserweights killed it and I wish they could've been on the main show after that showing.  I didn't care about the BRs so meh, but the results were good.  The IC title match was pretty fun, every guy in that match killed it, even Miz.  Asuka vs Charlotte was one of my personal favorites due to the intensity and drama that this story told.  Daniel's return made me emotional (there must've been onions in the room or sth).  The mixed tag match was so much fun to watch and it solidified Ronda as a competitor for me.  I LOVED the tag match for as absurd and potentially crappifying the RAW tag division (It's already dead anyway).  As far as disappointments go, Rusev losing was a big one for me.  Jinder needs to stay away from titles for a bit after that WWE title reign.  AJ/Naka was not as fun as I thought it'd be, but I'm looking forward to their future matches.  Cena/Taker was odd all together, but I hope they also have a future match as well.  Brock vs Roman was boring and honestly, the blood spot was distasteful in my opinion.  They're basically hurting Roman to get him over, which is so unnecessary and stupid.

Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 14:13

Legitimately, extremely disappointed by this years Mania. Literally, none of the matches on the card were a classic or anything we wouldn't see on a different PPV. The Cruiserweight match was pretty cool. The Battle Royals were nothing matches, though pretty good winners. IC Title match was a fun opener but nothing memorable. US Title match could have happened on an episode of SmackDown and wouldn't have felt out of place. The Womens Championship matches, although they delivered, they didn't really strike me above what I was expecting. The tag title matches were short and uneventful. Poor Cesaro for having no chance to showcase his talents. Cena and Taker was hardly a match, though a nice thing to see. AJ vs Nakamura was a good match but not the great match we knew they could deliver. Bonus points for the swerve at the end though. Ronda and Angle vs. HHH and Steph was entertaining but poor worked match. And I literally didn't give a fuck about Brock vs. Reigns.

5/10.

Back to top Go down
Clinton Stone

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 14:22

The 3 way at the start was dope, Asuka vs Charlotte was great and the Cena/Taker stuff was enjoyable. I'm content.
Back to top Go down
ScottyAdams

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   Wed 11 Apr 2018 - 0:52

Outside of the main event, it was a pretty good show tbh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!   

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 34 Discussion!
Page 1 of 1