Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» "Discus" Devi Krysis
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» OWA Promos
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Emmanuelle April 20th 2024, 2:50 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

» No Business Like Hoe Business
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Mami's Favorite Chew Toy April 5th 2024, 2:58 pm

» OWA Dreamworld Card Information + Predictions
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Colton Saint March 31st 2024, 10:29 pm

» Bobby Wheeler
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD March 31st 2024, 12:40 pm

» THE KING HAS RETURNED ( 2023 update)
The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels March 24th 2024, 2:52 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

The Oasis AMA

Go down 
+9
Nobi
Tarah Moore
Jeff X
Father Nathan Fiora
Stark
Aria Jaxon
Michael Bishop
Eon Blue
Scott Oasis
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2020, 4:17 pm

why not
Back to top Go down
Eon Blue

Eon Blue

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2020, 6:24 pm

Why Brock for Oasis and Why Ethan Page for Teddy?

On average how long does a decent promo take you to write?

Chocolate or Strawberry Milk?

Wendy's or Hardees?

Whats the hardest part about running a fed?
Back to top Go down

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2020, 6:46 pm

Teddy Mac x Scott Oasis wrote:
why not
Are you Black? And if yes, How black are you?
Back to top Go down
Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2020, 8:09 pm

Hey Big Dick. 

DC or Stipe in their fight next month? 

What has show writing been like? 

Retrospect on how Kingdom has evolved from Season 1, to 2, to 3 so far? 

Just wanted you to know not to let the fags clown you. You're the most handsome real estate agent I've ever met. 

So where did the idea for Atlantis come from? 

why bart simpson? 

favorite book? 

thoughts on DSPGaming jacking off on stream? 

Xat vs Skype vs Discord? 

Devi vs Jacob Nighttime vs Udy?

please never leave. 

Good shit on that Asylum, what's the thought proccess going in? You plan that shit months ahead, was it a sort of "You know, we could do this-" opportunity you had on your way to BP? 

Do you ever see yourself using Oasis in a promoing capacity ever again? 

Yo so these bitchass mothafuckers are screwing up Kingdom, we gonna call in the FC or? 

Top 3 favorite matches you've personally wrote? 

Top 3 fuckery/funny segs/matches you've wrote? 

Top 3 you've come up with but someone else wrote? (can be any of the top 2 questions). 

thoughts on the state of the UFC? 

What were those crazy fuckin opening months of early Kingdom like? 

Gonna stop asking you efed questions nonstop, sorry. Favorite TV show? 

Clone Troopers vs Storm Troopers? 

Favorite Pokemon 

Explain your fucking furry ass fetish known as Beastars to me. 

Bring a knife to a gunfight or a stick to a knife fight? 

John Wick vs The Punisher? 

Yeah so I relapsed back into efed questions, sue me. 
So do you see OWA surviving for the 5 year anniversary? 

You're building a team to take on SSW, 5 fucks you're picking. 

On the flipside, it's a team of 5 fuckers Vs Olympus and Odyssey, who you picking? 

Eminem vs Drake in a rap battle? 

AK vs AR? 

Any good FPS? 

Yo so you play any games on PC? Wanna know cause I'll slip you my steam.
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 12:05 am

Eon Blue wrote:
Why Brock for Oasis and Why Ethan Page for Teddy?

On average how long does a decent promo take you to write?

Chocolate or Strawberry Milk?

Wendy's or Hardees?

Whats the hardest part about running a fed?
Oasis being Brock just really fit the evolution of the character to me. I was originally Gunner as the character was more or less an ode to a lot of those angsty early 2000s big men like Heidenreich, Luther Reigns, and so on. Once I won my first world title that whole concept went out the window. The current version of Oasis is meant to be a premiere, big money athlete and while I went in a way different direction than the man himself, that's what Brock is at his core. Brock also has that arrogant, silly side to him which really went well with some of my other Oasis antics. I can PICTURE Brock in a suit shouting ignorant stuff, I can PICTURE him doing a lot of those Big Oasis Brand ventures with the babes and the pyro. Imagine if Boombox Brock and that segment with the Mariachi band were regular parts of Brock's character? You have Oasis. As for Ethan Page as Teddy Mac, I've followed Ethan for a good while and Teddy is actually based on Ethan in real life. He's a big family man who loves his daughter so I took that and multiplied it by ten.

In terms of actually sitting down and writing, a lot of times it can take an hour and a half tops, but then you factor in breaks and distractions and it can stretch it out. It varies overall. With Hardcore Havoc weekend I was ON! I was blowing through my Teddy and Llorona promos. Other times it could be of writing half one day and finishing it the next. For Athena's Cup I also had a habit of marathon writing in the AMs then cutting out any poor ideas in the afternoon.

Chocolate Milk of course. I swear I haven't seen Strawberry milk since Elementary school!

Wendy's! The Baconator goes hard!

Honestly, with OWA I wouldn't say there's anything HARD in the sense of how the fed operates currently. I feel like with these past few months things have ran really smoothly. The hardest part of a fed would honestly be getting to THIS point where there's no feeling of uncertainty. It involves building synergy from writers to fedders to where the fed almost runs itself. You make decisions yes, but you need to put EVERYONE in a position to help the fed. Every single member plays a role in the day to day and that needs to be realized. You're less of a big boss and more just a micromanager. It takes a lot of trial and error as far as ideas and also you got to find the right team to support you. The council is operating better than ever with great writing, but it's also the roster. As far as a lot of our mainstays there was a lot of nurturing there in terms of character and building a sense of community. Us getting the community to where it's at has allowed us to always have writers ready, to have stable rosters, to get good promo turnouts, etc. It wasn't easy. I'd say all of this ties into being a fed head that knows what they're doing. To be a good fed head you have to be patient, you have to be selfless and focus on the members before your character, you have to believe in who you staff and you have to be a good friend. I think it's easy to get lost in the sauce and treat fedding like a company and I think that ruins a lot of fed runner's mentalities. It's a fun hobby and once you get the routine of the hobby down pat, you're golden. Set the stage, let the people play, and you got something special. I'm going on a tangent I know, but it feels like there's a lot to this question. As far as now, I'd say the closest thing to a hard part is dealing with all of the talented writers and making sure you balance attention for everyone while at the same time doing a good job with such tight judging. I hope this answer was good and wasn't too all over the place!
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 12:14 am

Revy wrote:
Teddy Mac x Scott Oasis wrote:
why not
Are you Black? And if yes, How black are you?
I'm black enough to scare yo mama when one of your fam brings me over for Thanksgiving. Please don't offer me gravy.

Aria Jaxon and Michael Bishop have spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Aria Jaxon

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 12:44 am

What ever happened to Grace?

If Brock Lesnar and Ethan Page somehow faced off in a match irl, who would you root for and why?

Are there any people or characters from media outside of the world of wrestling that you would compare Oasis to?

Are you gonna kidnap Eminem and keep him locked in your basement for a month leading into FD3 to make SURE he can't play anyone else to the ring but you?

Is Teddy Mac ever gonna pop back into OWT to smack some of these kids around and remind them who made shit pop?

How much would someone have to pay you to never eat wings and mumbo sauce again?
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 1:26 am

Michael Bishop wrote:
Hey Big Dick. 

DC or Stipe in their fight next month? 

What has show writing been like? 

Retrospect on how Kingdom has evolved from Season 1, to 2, to 3 so far? 

Just wanted you to know not to let the fags clown you. You're the most handsome real estate agent I've ever met. 

So where did the idea for Atlantis come from? 

why bart simpson? 

favorite book? 

thoughts on DSPGaming jacking off on stream? 

Xat vs Skype vs Discord? 

Devi vs Jacob Nighttime vs Udy?

please never leave. 

Good shit on that Asylum, what's the thought proccess going in? You plan that shit months ahead, was it a sort of "You know, we could do this-" opportunity you had on your way to BP? 

Do you ever see yourself using Oasis in a promoing capacity ever again? 

Yo so these bitchass mothafuckers are screwing up Kingdom, we gonna call in the FC or? 

Top 3 favorite matches you've personally wrote? 

Top 3 fuckery/funny segs/matches you've wrote? 

Top 3 you've come up with but someone else wrote? (can be any of the top 2 questions). 

thoughts on the state of the UFC? 

What were those crazy fuckin opening months of early Kingdom like? 

Gonna stop asking you efed questions nonstop, sorry. Favorite TV show? 

Clone Troopers vs Storm Troopers? 

Favorite Pokemon 

Explain your fucking furry ass fetish known as Beastars to me. 

Bring a knife to a gunfight or a stick to a knife fight? 

John Wick vs The Punisher? 

Yeah so I relapsed back into efed questions, sue me. 
So do you see OWA surviving for the 5 year anniversary? 

You're building a team to take on SSW, 5 fucks you're picking. 

On the flipside, it's a team of 5 fuckers Vs Olympus and Odyssey, who you picking? 

Eminem vs Drake in a rap battle? 

AK vs AR? 

Any good FPS? 

Yo so you play any games on PC? Wanna know cause I'll slip you my steam.
Always got to go with Stipe.

Show writing has been a blast. I love writing matches, I love writing segments, and in general I love working with my rosters. I had kinks I had to work out in 2015, 2016, but I'd say right now it's the best experience possible. The biweekly schedule helps in keeping refreshed but also provides motivation to really make each episode have crazy advancement and exciting matches. Show writing can be difficult in terms of giving everyone attention, introducing the newer talent and getting them intergrated, and ofc judging the matches themselves, but when you work it out it's GREAT. Nothing's better than see an angle pan out well or seeing someone you've been with almost every step of the way get a big payoff moment. I felt it with Kenny and I felt it with Goose too. 

I think Kingdom at the start was me sort of picking up where I left off with Voltage. I had a lot of the pieces from when I wrote then and with a lot of the characters it felt like a logical continuation. Finnegan Wakefield getting the belt, Kenny Drake continuing Wolvesden, it all made sense with the universe I already built. But that's as far as the established characters goes. There was so many new people and gimmick changes to factor in that the show honestly functioned as steady introduction into what Kingdom while using more recognized people as a vehicle to get that point. My overall vision was not a continuation of Voltage but a mix of old names and new names to create something unique like what we have now. Nate Cage was a new character, Jeff, Scotty, Isaac, UDY, etc. They gave the show a nice change of pace to separate it from the other Sunday night show I wrote. And even with established people I did carry over, the new environment gave them a different edge. We never had Wolvesden presented the way it did that year, I never had the opportunity to put Keelan in the ME until then and I never had Aria FULL TIME until that fall. A lot of experimenting went down on this time, a good amount of OWA lore was established, and by the end of it all I'd say FD 1 really put the show into motion. Aria was champ, the Wolvesden that was built up was imploded, Jeff had come up, I got Chris, Goose was coming out of his shell; the culture of Kingdom in script and out was set at that point . I had my core people, I had my new people you could picture working under me, I had my writing style, and I had my history to draw from. Season 2 improved upon Season 1 across the board and by the end of it I think it set the stage for S3 to be even bigger. The guys like Jeff and Havoc were dying for the main event platform, Aria Jaxon MORE than has her place established as a pillar in the show, you saw Kenny's journey as a character, and don't get me started on Goose. You saw Goose's rise from comedy in S1, to more serious in S2, to feeling why he was so jaded and understood every reference that happened in that Gooseland match. So many longterm plots really came out in these recent episodes. I feel like it makes sense why Havoc would create the Ashes, it makes sense why Rev wants redemption, you ca grasp why RD3 would be wanting power. It's all coming together. Kingdom in S3 is how I ALWAYS wanted Kingdom to be. Almost every character on the show has a story, big events happen every show, each episode has a running narrative and I'm allowed to be creative with vignettes. I could have never pulled off Gooseland 2 years ago. I could have never had Havoc's man in the mirror segments. Kingdom in S3 I'd say is me at my best booking wise, the roster at its best, and there's so much reason to be interested. It's a very complex, entertaining show from top to bottom with people you're invested in and logical motives. If you put LU, Impact, Attitude Era, etc in a blender I think you'd get Kingdom.

Thank you, I know I'm handsome.

Atlantis was a brain child of mine in response to the growing roster and the amount of people on the sidelines, which is a bigger issue given biweekly shows. Not only because of the long wait it gives to current roster members and new people, but because it means stories have one less episode of building. I saw AEW Dark and wanted to take that and actually make it more relevant. Have the episodes bleed into the rest of the shows, promote the matches and actually give people the chance to showcase themselves by writing or requesting segments. How the Studio came into play is because of my fandom for NWA Power and I thought it was an efficient way to get promos out there. Having a running studio that characters just drop in and out of felt like a fun idea.

I love Simpsons to death and Bart seems to have been claimed by Sad Boi culture, which I'm also apart of. He's the perfect avatar for the vibes. 

The Kite Runner is an interesting book. Poisonwood Bible too.

DSP jacking off stream was hilarious and I honestly respect the fact even he jokes about it now. The guy is a doofus who is bad at video games and the fact he makes money off stuff like this deserves respect lmao.

Discord is the best, bar none.

Devi/Udy/Nighttime WILL happen. It just matters the time and place.

I don't think I'll EVER leave the community. I love talking with everyone on discord. As far as being a fed head, I plan on going until it isn't fun anymore.

With the Steel Asylum, I definitely got the idea of multiple challengers from how successful Odyssey pulled it off. I played with the idea of a chamber way back because I wanted that type of unpredictability, but then seeing Jeff and Aria execute it was the kick in the pants to really do a multi-man match like that. I'm an Impact mark as everyone knows and the Steel Asylum was always a great concept to me which you never really see used in our circle (until we did it...) It felt like it'd be a match with a lot of spots to come up with and I could create some crazy tension with it. Combined with the fact I wanted to give a promoing experience that the roster hadn't been through yet and BAM. It made so much sense to with how Kingdom was looking after HH too. We had The Ashes being set up, we had the Frontline, I've always been big on RD3 and Goose is the new evil champ. There was so much to work with! My main goal with this summer has been to make the whole roster intertwined and have everything you see effect the story of Kingdom as a whole, so putting all these guys into one match and letting them go at it was a no brainer. Kingdom's at war now and a good part of it is because of that Asylum and the way that match opened it up for EVERYONE to have an issue with one another.

I do still promo with Oasis in SSW, but as far as regularly in OWA, I just don't know. I love Teddy Mac and I love Llorona. I want to see both characters to succeed, and I'm certainly not gonna book myself so Oasis as Kingdom regular just won't work. Maybe if I need a break with Teddy I'll swap him in, but I'd say Oasis works better as just being management. Oasis cares about his BIG OASIS BRAND. It makes more sense he'd focus on running OWA and having international ventures for his wrestling instead of me shoehorning the character into the title picture; he'd be much happier flexing how much OWA has grown under him, which it has. I'm not opposed to maybe like 2-3 month runs, a couple matches or what have you, but Oasis as full time in the fed is likely never gonna be a thing.

...Unless it has to do with this faction warfare. Big Oasis Brand DOES have a logo. I wouldn't mind seeing Fight Club against the Ashes.

My three favorite matches to write would have to be Gooseland, the Asylum match and Kenny vs Aria in the Barbed Wire Massacre! Late s2-S3 currently is my peak as a writer and all 3 I'd say were my shining examples. The stories involved in all 3, the way they were written, and the reception are all something I never would have gotten beforehand. Gooseland especially felt ambitious since it was pretty much a movie script rather than a match.

Top 3 things written for fuckery would have to be the Bar Brawl Invitational, the 24/7 Title Chase series as a whole and maybe something like the celebrity appearances of Dame Dash and Kanye.

As far as ideas I had that were written by other people - I'd say a big example would be Cloud's writing of Chris Elite back in EAW. I wanted him to look strong in defeat and Cloud took it in a whole other level that created an angle that honestly set up one of the more popular pushes in our circle at the time. Anything I suggest to Kenny he just takes to a high level too. The concrete jungle death match, spot execution in hardcore matches, you name it. You've also given me some great work from prompts too such as the first meeting between Bishop and Aria at the draft. The super simp segment also! Shoutout guys who go the extra mile like Mav and Cage too.

Dana White is trying the best with what he has and I'd say UFC right now is still entertaining. It's just missing some vital people for certain cards and it's never nice feeling like everything is up in the air given someone may contract COVID. Fight Island as a concept is peak fuckery tho, respect to him.

The first months of Kingdom? Crazy chaotic. So many moving parts and too many cooks in the kitchen, though everyone involved was talented. I very much like writing on my own so I think having all of the different voices isn't really my style in terms of booking one show. 

My favorite TV show changes depending on the mood. I binged the hell out of Pose on Netflix along with F is for Family. Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy are some all time favorites. And my top animes are Samurai Champloo, My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Clone Troopers vs Storm Troopers? Storm Troopers. No, Clone. I can't decide!

Favorite Pokemon is my guy MewTwo.

Beastars gets way too much flack for being a furry anime. It's an anime with animals in it, yes, and there is sexual content, but it's not pushed as a fetish show. The whole point of there being animals is meant to serve a purpose. It's a story of meat eaters vs herbivores and the prejudices that the meat eaters faced for being categorized as "predators". The main character who is wolf is a timid animal who goes against his meat eater stereotype but is fighting his inner urge to kill the weak. Then you have his love interest who is a bunny that doesn't want to be seen as someone who needs to be protected due to her status as "prey". These two troubled characters have to find a way to coexist despite their natural dynamic and what their friends think. It's a complex story about identity, inner conflict, self control, independence, valuing one's self - the point is using animals as a comparison to modern judgmental society. It's literally like animal farm. There's also tons of cool action moments, great animation, and voice acting. It's 12 episodes, 20 minutes a piece, and a quick, gripping watch. Retards like Nate just like to manipulate pics and create a narrative of the whole show for laughs even when THEY admit it was good. Everyone who has watched the show has said they ended up liking it, and I think you would feel the same if you gave it a chance.

Stick is slang for a gun so I'm bringing THAT STICK.

John Wick is a god. I'd take him over Punisher.

I can absolutely see OWA making it to five years if the community wanted it to. Beyond that, I don't know, it'd have to have a lot of different people I feel as a majority of members NOW would be officially 30, 40, moving up in careers, you name it. That makes things iffy. OWA is more about the community we've built now. We're friends first and a fed second I'd say, and I mean that in a good way. I don't really picture OWA being like a 10, 15 year ordeal like other feds and I don't think I'd want it to be. The members now would have all outgrown it and it wouldn't be OWA, it'd be some other fed ran by people I probably don't even know. OWA has had a ton of care put into it. I've been very adamant about my feeling about feds being treated like companies and I'd say the idea of wanting a fun thing we all made to be coldly passed around and run forever like it's Disney is lame and an impossible expectation. I'd say OWA can continue as a FED for as long as the spirit of it is still there, but it shouldn't carry on after that, or it should at least continue under a different banner. As far as the chat itself I can see that going forever, even if people might be busier, or what have you. A lot of us have grown together so I always want to see that progress.

You're building a team to take on SSW, 5 fucks you're picking: Jonetta Stone, The Derelict, Jeff X, Havoc, Darkane. Can easily sub in you, Goose, Kenny in those spots and I'm not counting Aria in case that nigga Stark tries to say she's SSW first (she belongs to the Omega at the end of the day tho, ong).

For brand warfare I'd say it could be a huge combo of people. Depending on who is or isn't booked it could be You, Arata, Chris, Jeff, Kenny, RD3, Aria, the sky's the limit.

Eminem would destroy Drake in a rap battle. Drake definitely doesn't do any off the cuff rapping.

I'm down with the AK just like NWA.

For FPS games, I'm mostly an Overwatch, Gears, COD guys.

I do play a few PC games though my laptop isn't the BEST for it. I'm definitely going to need to upgrade it.
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 1:44 am

Aria Jaxon wrote:
What ever happened to Grace?

If Brock Lesnar and Ethan Page somehow faced off in a match irl, who would you root for and why?

Are there any people or characters from media outside of the world of wrestling that you would compare Oasis to?

Are you gonna kidnap Eminem and keep him locked in your basement for a month leading into FD3 to make SURE he can't play anyone else to the ring but you?

Is Teddy Mac ever gonna pop back into OWT to smack some of these kids around and remind them who made shit pop?

How much would someone have to pay you to never eat wings and mumbo sauce again?
Oasis had to trade Grace out for a sista. Those white girls weren't holding him down. Maybe I'll list her as a Big Oasis Babe.

I'd honestly root for Ethan Page. We've had Big Show, Kane, Cena, Goldberg, Taker, Orton all fall to Lesnar....so for Ethan fucking Page to beat him would bring max fuckery.

I'd say Elon Musk has that "rich guy who doesn't know how to act" vibe and Yeezy and BOB was an intentional parallel.

Eminem is a Scott Oasis EXCLUSIVE from hereon. The rest of these people need to book Yelawolf or Big Sean

Teddy back in OWT? Shoot, why not. Let me do that Kevin Owens in NXT appearance.

I'm fine with giving up wings and mumbo sauce so I'd do it for 50-100 bucks....but I'm keeping my tenders and fries with ketchup.
Back to top Go down
Mark Michaels

Mark Michaels

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 2:02 am

What keeps you motivated to keep writing both promos and matches?
Did you catch the nba restart and if so what did you think of the games played?

What’s a hidden gem on the wwe network you would recommend?

Do you have a favorite episode of a tv show where a wrestler had a guest spot?

Back to top Go down
Stark
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Stark

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 2:53 pm

when are you gonna finally start rating SSW matches?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
The Oasis AMA Tumblr_p7d3stHoN31u1ljrzo1_540
Back to top Go down
Father Nathan Fiora

Father Nathan Fiora

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 8:03 pm

What would be the first BOB product available? Could be clothes, food, gadgets, etc.

The Oasis AMA Father11
Back to top Go down
Jeff X

Jeff X

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2020, 9:01 pm

Long term goals with Llorona and Teddy Mac?

If Scott Oasis inducted into the hall of fame tomorrow, who would induct him and why?

Most rewarding moment in fedding?

If there was one person on Olympus that you could put on Kingdom for you to write, who would it be?

Same question but for Odyssey.

Dream FD match for Scott Oasis?

What would you name the Washington Pro Football Team if the decision was yours?

When are you gonna get me the rest of Kingdom Season 1 mothafucka?

Who's your all-time favorite wrestler?

Who's your all-time favorite efed character to write matches for?

Who's your all-time favorite efed character to write segs for?

The Oasis AMA Jeff_x11
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 5:25 pm

Mark Michaels wrote:
What keeps you motivated to keep writing both promos and matches?
Did you catch the nba restart and if so what did you think of the games played?

What’s a hidden gem on the wwe network you would recommend?

Do you have a favorite episode of a tv show where a wrestler had a guest spot?

What keeps me motivated to write is just the love of it really. I enjoy putting out a piece and being able to be proud of the finished product knowing I did some quality work.

The NBA restart has been great to me. The quality of play has not missed a beat and it really does feel like a whole new game in the sense of it feeling a bit more wide open than usual and there having been such a big break in play time previously. It feels more fresh and since all the competitors have been in the bubble you get a feel they've had more time to rethink plans.

A hidden gem on the network would be any of the Midsouth content they got on there. Of all the classic wrestling, I'd say it's the most in your face and really in tune with the crazy action of current times. The legends of wrestling talks are also dope. They were pretty much a precursor to a lot of these wrestler's retrospective podcasts.

Favorite ep of a TV show with a wrestler.....the That 70's show episode where Red takes the group to a WWF show and you got The Rock playing his dad was cool. You also had The Hardys wrestling each other and you can't go wrong with that!
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 5:28 pm

Stark wrote:
when are you gonna finally start rating SSW matches?
I'll stop being lazy and get on it by Attack on NY
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 5:30 pm

\"Father" Nathan Fiora wrote:
What would be the first BOB product available? Could be clothes, food, gadgets, etc.
Great question! Thinking about it, the first BOB products would probably be sports wear like shoes, pants, tanks, sweat bands, maybe some hoodies. I could see Oasis wanting to do sports drinks, energy bars or something along those lines and maybe some dieting routines. The basis of BOB was about wrestling/his popularity as a fighter so it's beginnings would have to be rooted in that.
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 5:56 pm

Jeff X wrote:
Long term goals with Llorona and Teddy Mac?

If Scott Oasis inducted into the hall of fame tomorrow, who would induct him and why?

Most rewarding moment in fedding?

If there was one person on Olympus that you could put on Kingdom for you to write, who would it be?

Same question but for Odyssey.

Dream FD match for Scott Oasis?

What would you name the Washington Pro Football Team if the decision was yours?

When are you gonna get me the rest of Kingdom Season 1 mothafucka?

Who's your all-time favorite wrestler?

Who's your all-time favorite efed character to write matches for?

Who's your all-time favorite efed character to write segs for?
I would of course like to get both characters to the point of obtaining some sort of singles titles, but long term I'd really say one of my goals would be to give them some signature angles, a standout story that only they could pull off. Overall its less about achieving accolades to me, but more about perception of the characters by the time I'm done with them. I feel like I've spent so long just being the writer for OWA and using Oasis less and less that a lot of people tend to not mention me in conversations of promoers they enjoy or people who do nice character work. The biggest goal of Llorona and Teddy would be to change that and get some level of credit in that aspect. I want them to be associated with good work.

This is a tough one as I'd say there are a LOT of names I'd throw out. I'd say Ken and Brian started me off writing so I would want to give them some credit, but there's also so many people I've interacted with after the fact. Cloud would be a big pick for me because we've ALWAYS been on the same wavelength. I really do consider him my partner in crime in terms of efedding ideas and I think he would really care about the induction. Nate and Keelan are also good picks because they literally brought me into the fold in the first place. Going from feeling like the third writer in a fed to the choice for the veteran to bring in really did feel nice. Both guys I'd also consider really good friends - Nate I've known for 6-7 years and Keelan is the best partner I had for a brand. Cloud would be the biggest pick but there's too many names for me to say I'd pick without hesitance.

I don't have a most rewarding "moment" exactly but I do have a regular occurrence I'd say is rewarding, and that's seeing my guys get a big spot or having my writing payoff. Kenny Drake's world title win, Goose's title win. Rev's big reactions in live chat lately. The investment people have in The Ashes of the Wake and The Frontline angle. Seeing people I back or stories that I back pay off is always the coolest to see.

Bringing over 1 person from Olympus? This is a tough question lmao. I feel like The Derelict would be an interesting piece to have around in this whole fractured Kingdom angle. A man like him doesn't have much monetary motivation nor would he care THAT much about defending or breaking down a brand so he'd be so hard to place and really add another variable into the story. Jacob Senn would be another nice one, especially with Arata and RD3 there as you know I love my fedding lore and continuity. Writing more Church of Fiora segments would be great and I'm actually jealous Chris gets to write the follow up to that. Then you got Nobi; imagine him trying to navigate Kingdom's scene? If I HAD to make a hard choice and pick I'd still cheat by saying Chaos Elite as a 2 for 1 because I feel like if I was given even a few months to play around with those two I could do a hot angle. I like having newer characters and I think I have a nice track record with investing with those type of characters so I'd love to try my hand with them.

I would absolutely want to take Jonetta Stone. The perfect mix of a fuckery based character and a hot heel. The Poacher being on Kingdom would have a TON of possibilities. Her working with RD3? Her trying to co-exist with The Frontline? Maybe do Jonetta beefing with Queens of Wrestling? It'd be tons of fun takes. Morrighan would be a close second as I love my paranormal/cinematic stuff and I think I could do a lot of crazy stuff with The Banshee.

I honestly don't know about a dream FD match. I feel like Aria was the perfect dream match at the time but it's already been passed. I'd want another go with Michael Bishop though I'm not sure if you mean first time, never faced before type of bouts. I guess for now my dream would be a Fight Club triple threat or Fight Club challenging for the tag belts, other than that I think I'd rather not roll Oasis out for another FD.

Washington Natives, Washington Chargers, anything other than fucking "Washington Football Team".

I'll give you the rest of Kingdom s1 soon, god damn!

I don't think I truly have an all time favorite. I have wrestlers I vibe with heavy, but not a definitive favorite. Love Orton, love Brock, love Styles and I'm a huge fan of Reigns and Rollins. 

My favorite character to write matches for would probably be Kenny or Rev as I love writing more aggressive, messed up bouts. With Rev I can do a lot of the more hard hitting, strike based MMA stuff, and Kenny in any hardcore situation is easy.

I have tons of characters that are fun to write in segments. Goose, Wolvesden, Havoc and The Ashes, Jeff X, Aria, Fiora, RD3. I think as long as you got a distinct character and a way of speaking that's unique to you, then I love writing for you.
Back to top Go down
Tarah Moore
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Tarah Moore

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2020, 11:02 am

Ever think about bringing our friend Jason Skilled back from the great beyond? If so, would you keep his old base or give him a whole new face lift?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/NovacaineDesign
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2020, 7:08 pm

Tarah Moore wrote:
Ever think about bringing our friend Jason Skilled back from the great beyond? If so, would you keep his old base or give him a whole new face lift?
I've played with the idea a few times. Back when REVOLT was around I did dust him off and pretty much reimagined the whole character. The problem with Skilled when looking back was the fact he didn't have a defined gimmick. I just kinda....promoed with him. There was no distinct mannerisms or motivations. I tried to fix that the last time I used him. He was about a decade younger, had a Lashley pb and used Teddy Long for his father as a parody of those obnoxious manager dads with athlete sons in the NBA/NFL. It was a lot of fun so I think I actually would bring him back if the situation called for it. Skilled is currently in SSW as a filler character too with a Big E picbase so the door would be open to actually make an attempt if I really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Nobi

Nobi

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2020, 7:30 pm

Would you say Carlos and Michael Bishop are Oasis' best friends in character?

Burger, Pizza, and French Fries are still your top 3 favourite food right?

Do you prefer McDonald's or Red Robin for Burger?

Is It still Pizza Hut for Pizza?

Popeyes or Church's for Chicken?

Favourite Fries?

xD
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2020, 7:41 pm

Nobi wrote:
Would you say Carlos and Michael Bishop are Oasis' best friends in character?

Burger, Pizza, and French Fries are still your top 3 favourite food right?

Do you prefer McDonald's or Red Robin for Burger?

Is It still Pizza Hut for Pizza?

Popeyes or Church's for Chicken?

Favourite Fries?

xD
I'd say so to be honest. I don't have Oasis do too many interactions these days so the fact I still mention them a good deal definitely shows how good of a relationship they have.

Those 3 are undefeated, yes!

Red Robin is definitely higher quality, but McDonalds is still dope.

Pizza Hut is the king, yes! I like local pizza too.

Popeyes is the best. The spicy chicken >>>

Favorite fries would probably be Popeyes now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Aria Jaxon

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2020, 10:08 pm

When is Llorona gonna stop beating around the bush and actually just kill someone on TV?
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2020, 7:24 pm

Aria Jaxon wrote:
When is Llorona gonna stop beating around the bush and actually just kill someone on TV?
We can get it popping this week, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Devi Krysis

Devi Krysis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2020, 11:26 pm

I heard you're rooting for Alice Gamer at Wrestleworld's Dreamworld last night, my only question is do you have an interest for her in OWA?
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 2:29 am

Devi Krysis wrote:
I heard you're rooting for Alice Gamer at Wrestleworld's Dreamworld last night, my only question is do you have an interest for her in OWA?
Absolutely, I'd say I'm part of the Gamer Craze!
Back to top Go down
Eon Blue

Eon Blue

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 2:54 am

You are tasked with starting a new Wrestling Promotion. You are putting your roster together from any active wrestlers today. Name your:

Top 5 Men

Top 5 Women

Top 5 Tag Teams

What do you name your promotion?
Back to top Go down
Matsuda

Matsuda

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 2:58 am

Where's that fleshlight review bruh?

(Big thanks to Leah!)The Oasis AMA 1
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 7:01 pm

Eon Blue wrote:
You are tasked with starting a new Wrestling Promotion. You are putting your roster together from any active wrestlers today. Name your:

Top 5 Men

Top 5 Women

Top 5 Tag Teams

What do you name your promotion?
Top 5 Men: Seth Rollins, MJF, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Dexter Lumis

Top 5 Women: Deonna Purazzo, Jordynne Grace, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Kylie Rae

Top 5 Tag Teams: The North, The MCMG, The Elite, The Good Brothers, Lucha Bros

Honorable Mentions: Ridge Holland, Shayna Baszler, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Chris Bey, The Usos

Name of Promotion: Omega Wrestling Alliance just for the flex

Last edited by Teddy Mac x Scott Oasis on August 20th 2020, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 7:11 pm

Matsuda wrote:
Where's that fleshlight review bruh?
It's dropping soon, I just need to be cleared by The Nerd Grid!
Back to top Go down
Mark Michaels

Mark Michaels

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 8:14 pm

If you had a chance to book a dream super card of 8 matches using any wrestler from any promotional past and present, who are you booking and why?
Back to top Go down
Jeff X

Jeff X

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2020, 8:23 pm

I'm a piggyback off Eon's question but slightly more detailed.

Can start a wrestling company using ANY wrestlers in the world.

Build your roster with:

6 Main Eventers

10 Mid-Carders

7 Women

4 Tags Teams

and 3 others that you can slot anywhere you like.

Aaaaaand go.

The Oasis AMA Jeff_x11
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2021, 12:46 am

Mark Michaels wrote:
If you had a chance to book a dream super card of 8 matches using any wrestler from any promotional past and present, who are you booking and why?
1. Roman Reigns vs. The Rock

2. AJ Styles vs. Prime Rey Mysterio

3. Bianca Belair vs. Jazz

4. Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Hardy Bros

5. Mick Foley vs. Dean Ambrose - Hardcore Match

6. Brock Lesnar vs. Ken Shamrock - Bloodsport Rules

7. The Undertaker vs. Sting - Boneyard Match

8. Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2021, 12:48 am

Jeff X wrote:
I'm a piggyback off Eon's question but slightly more detailed.

Can start a wrestling company using ANY wrestlers in the world.

Build your roster with:

6 Main Eventers

10 Mid-Carders

7 Women

4 Tags Teams

and 3 others that you can slot anywhere you like.

Aaaaaand go.
Main: 

Moose
Kenny Omega
Chris Jericho
Drew McIntyre
Sami Callihan
Rey Mysterio

Mid: 

Ace Austin
Matt Riddle
Johnny Gargano
Lance Archer
Chris Bey
Cesaro
Grandmaster Wato
Juice Robinson
Blake Christian
Tom Lawler

Tag: 

Good Brothers
Street Profits
Fire N Flava (Kiera/Tasha)
The Decay (Rosemary/Crazy Steve)

Women: 

Deonna Purrazzo
Rhea Ripley
Jordynne Grace
Mia Yim
Diamante
Bianca Belair
Candice LeRae

Other:  MVP, Silver And Reynolds, and Marafuji

Last edited by Teddy Mac x Scott Oasis on February 2nd 2021, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Oasis
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Scott Oasis

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2021, 12:48 am

We byke.
Back to top Go down
The Banshee

The Banshee

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2021, 10:18 pm

So when you ready to start a Smash tournament, now that you finally picked up the game?
Back to top Go down
Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2021, 1:09 am

Thoughts on Poirier slaughtering Mcnuggets? 

Will we ever get a proper fuckin' Fight Club reunion? FFS 

What's an unlikely duo you think would be fun to book? 

Tag Partners you'd like for Teddy? 

Retrospect on Season 3 so far?
Back to top Go down

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2021, 4:58 am

I've known you for like eight years now. In fact you might be the person in OWA I've known the longest. How do you think we've both changed since we first met?

$20 is $20, right?

If you could have anyone from Olympus right now permanently on the Kingdom roster, who's your guy?

Three Days Grace or Machine Gun Kelly?

When are you finally going to admit I'm still the AWF Hardcore Champion?
Back to top Go down
Mark Michaels

Mark Michaels

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2023, 11:48 pm

How do you keep things fresh season to season on kingdom?

What is the next goal you’d like to see OWA as a whole achieve?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Oasis AMA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis AMA   The Oasis AMA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oasis AMA
Page 1 of 1