Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» OWA Promos
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Krysis Today at 3:13 pm

» "Discus" Devi Krysis
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

» No Business Like Hoe Business
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Mami's Favorite Chew Toy April 5th 2024, 2:58 pm

» OWA Dreamworld Card Information + Predictions
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Colton Saint March 31st 2024, 10:29 pm

» Bobby Wheeler
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD March 31st 2024, 12:40 pm

» THE KING HAS RETURNED ( 2023 update)
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels March 24th 2024, 2:52 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Matthis

Corey Matthis

"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  Empty
PostSubject: "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis    "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2019, 7:53 pm

BASIC INFORMATION
Wrestling Name: Corey Matthis
Nicknames:  The Clean Sweep
Picture Base: Buddy Murphy
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205 lbs
Hometown: Nashville, TN

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Disposition:  Ruthless Heel
Gimmick:  Smart, athletic kid with an absolute obsession to be the on top.  View everyone else as beneath him and will do anything to anyone to get what he wants.  Think like 99-01 Triple H.

RINGSIDE INFORMATION
Theme Music:  "Go 2 Sleep" by Eminem ft. DMX & Obie Trice

Entrance:  "Go 2 Sleep" by Eminem ft. DMX & Obie Trice blares over the PA system and Corey Matthis makes his way through the curtain and out onto the stage as the audience hurls boos down on him.  He smiles arrogantly at the reaction he's given, almost as if he enjoys it, before quickly making his way down the ramp.  He laughs at the those extending their arms to give him a high five, and instead flips them the bird before he slides in under the bottom rope and steps up onto the ropes raising one fist into the air, as he soaks in the boos.

MOTIVATIONS
What are your characters motivations for competing?
Always a talented athlete, Corey finally realized what it was like to reach the top of OWT in season 2.  But after losing his championship at Uprising: Los Angeles II, Corey has been incensed.  He wants wants what he feels like belongs to him back and is willing to do ANYTHING to get it.  And he doesn't care who he has to hurt to get there.

Tendency to Cheat: Often

IN-RING INFORMATION
Wrestling Debut:  2019
Favorite Match Types: Ladder
Least Favorite Match Types:  Ones against Viktor Bannon
Favorite Weapon:  An actual brick
In-Ring Achievements:
- 2020 OWT Ascension to the Heavens Winner
- Former OWT Champion
- Season 3 OWT Champion of the Year
- Season 3 OWT Alpha of the Year

Common Moves:
1. Super Kick
2. Dropkick
3. Frog Splash
4. German Suplex
5. Moonsault
6. Running Knee Strike to the back of an opponent's head
7. Sit-Out Powerbomb
8. Samoan Drop
9. Shining Wizard
10. DDT
11. Discus Elbow Strike
12. Eye gouge
13. Suicide Dive
14. Uranage Slam
15. Springboard Elbow Smash
16. Sleeper Hold
17. Brainbuster
18. Saito Suplex
19. Michinoku Driver
20. Standing Moonsault

Signature Moves:
1. Curb Stomp
2. Exploder Suplex
3. Codebreaker
4. Point Break (Dis Arm-Her)
5.  Basic Matthismatics (Spanish Fly from the top rope)

Finishing Moves: 
1. Lightning Strikes (RKO)
2. Matthis Revolver (054)
3. Ether (Go To Sleep) [Learned from and used in tribute to his Hades veteran, Nas]

Notes:
Corey Matthis was once and extremely energetic young kid who's always been a talented athlete.  He was a multi-sport athlete in high school and even received a scholarship to play football for the University of Vanderbilt, but a knee injury suffered his Junior season ended his once promising future.  After graduating, he moved to Philadelphia to pursue a career in professional wrestling - something he has been a fan of since he was a little boy.  He enrolled at the OWT Performance Center in 2018 was revealed to be a quick study and a true student of the game.  From the moment he debuted on OWT, it was apparent he was a future star.  He proved as such at Uprising: Miami when he won the Ascension to the Heaven's briefcase in the annual six man ladder match, granting him an OWT Championship shot whenever he wants it.  His timing, however, was not popular as he would cash in his briefcase on Haas Blackwell at Uprising: New York II, spoiling the feel good moment.  Corey would change after this, going from a beloved, promising star athlete, to a cold-blooded villain who would do anything to anyone to maintain his place on top.  After losing the title to Viktor Bannon at Uprising: Los Angeles II, the hope was that Corey would get his mindset right again, but that hasn't been the case.  Corey is now more obsessed than ever with the OWT Championship and his spot as the number one talent on the brand.  There is no low he wouldn't go to and nobody whose back he wouldn't step on to get back what he considers is rightfully his.  Anybody that trusts him is a fool.

HANDLER INFORMATION:
Name:  Jeff
Preferred Pronouns:  His/Him
Fed Experience:  Awful
How did you find us:  Mostly bad luck

Remington Ivory Prescott has spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Jeff X

Jeff X

PostSubject: Re: "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis    "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2021, 10:46 am

Aight we updated now so Aria doesn't kill me.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  Jeff_x11

Aria Jaxon has spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Aria Jaxon

PostSubject: Re: "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis    "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2021, 10:50 am

He's an absolute blight upon society...

I love him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis    "The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Clean Sweep" Corey Matthis
Page 1 of 1