Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» POET APPRECIATION STATION
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Jake Keeton Today at 12:18 am

» BRODY APPRECIATION STATION!
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Poet Today at 12:16 am

» THE AUTHENTIC APPRECIATION THREAD.
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Nobi Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» PLATINUM QUEENS APPRECIATION STATION
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Nobi Yesterday at 6:50 pm

» OWA Promos
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Diantha Rosso May 9th 2024, 11:59 pm

» "Discus" Devi Krysis
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.

Go down 
+4
Aria Jaxon
Miles Taylor
Keelan Callihan
VaeVictisBD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. Empty
PostSubject: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 2:47 am

Let's meet the man.
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:17 am

What brought you to OWA?

What motivation did you have in picking GOAT Gulak as a pic base?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. 1080x360

FOREVER THE ABSOLUTE TOP CUNT.
1x OWA World Champion. | 2x OWA Television Champion. | OWA Hall of Fame Class 2023.
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:56 am

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
What brought you to OWA?

What motivation  did you have in picking GOAT Gulak as a pic base?

1. I've been friends with the RPer who plays Kai Stevens for years, around the time I started RPing/efedding (2009). He showed me both this and Strong Style Wrestling, and out of interest I looked into it and was into it pretty quickly. Tbh, I started doing quite a bit of internet stalking regarding the fed, found the ewrestling wiki, and have read up on a number of CAWs, and the amount of detail/history/character & world building honestly astounded me. I can tell this is a place I can get really immersed in stories and I feel I've been lacking that from my RPing experience for about two or so years now, so I'm excited to get to that place again.

2. His turn from the politician to the more ruthless character he has now was a big inspiration behind it. I've loved both gimmicks, and I actually thought that while I understood the direction WWE wanted to take by having Cedric v. Ali and have it just be a lit, fun Cruiserweight title match, I felt Gulak being the dominating monster and making it to the finals to face Cedric (since Ali was on Drew's half of the bracket) to be a better story. But I think he's secretly one of the best character workers in WWE right now and I love characters (just a little bit more than workrate, sorry :/), so I felt he was a great fit.
Back to top Go down
Keelan Callihan
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Keelan Callihan

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 8:27 am

What do you hope to achieve here in OWA? Any goals you have in mind?

Is there any character here that catches your eye that you'd like to have a match with? 

Is there any interest from you in making a female alternative character? (I ask this out of curiosity and NOT because I would really like more female characters in my division so it can grow and get bigger and better Wink )
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:59 pm

Keelan Callihan wrote:
What do you hope to achieve here in OWA? Any goals you have in mind?

Is there any character here that catches your eye that you'd like to have a match with? 

Is there any interest from you in making a female alternative character? (I ask this out of curiosity and NOT because I would really like more female characters in my division so it can grow and get bigger and better Wink )

1. I think my main goal, even more than championships, is to develop stories that I really enjoy being apart of. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't really had any stories that I found myself really enjoying being apart of for around two or so years now, so that'd probably be the primary goal for me. But naturally, if I can establish some accomplishments for Miles, that wouldn't be too bad either. In particular, I've really gotten in the idea of tournaments (both the standard format or things like the G1) as I don't think I've participated in more than maybe one or two in the nearly decade that I've been RPing. I think if this has some form of like the G1/Survival of the Fittest/etc., that'd be a really awesome thing to be apart of.

2. I'd have to go with mostly the names I've seen thus far on the board/ewrestling wiki, which include Finnegan Wakefield, Aria Jaxon, Keelan Callihan, J.D. Damon, and the like. I'm still trying to meet everybody and I'm learning about new members of the roster everyday, so I'm sure that list will only grow.

3. I legit don't know what it is, but I cannot for the life of me play a female character. And I don't mean I make them some one note, generic type character, I just cannot play them. At all. I don't know if I just mentally put myself out of that element, but it's always been a struggle. So unfortunately I have to say no for now, but if you badger me for long enough we'll see what happens (though I remain doubtful in that regard).
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Aria Jaxon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2018, 9:47 pm

AHHHHH YOU SAW ME ON THE WIKI. I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THERE.

Not a question but we're Phantom Troupe stablemates, which is pretty dope.

Do you feel more at home playing heels or faces, and why?

Have you always done promo/RP-based feds, or have you dabbled in others? If so, what kind?

Ballpark estimate on how many characters you think you've played over the years?
Back to top Go down
Jessie B.

Jessie B.

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2018, 10:40 pm

Do you like any DC or Marvel movies?
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 12:00 am

Aria Jaxon wrote:
AHHHHH YOU SAW ME ON THE WIKI. I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THERE.

Not a question but we're Phantom Troupe stablemates, which is pretty dope.

Do you feel more at home playing heels or faces, and why?

Have you always done promo/RP-based feds, or have you dabbled in others? If so, what kind?

Ballpark estimate on how many characters you think you've played over the years?

1) You (and other people who put work into that wiki) blew me away - the level of detail was outstanding and that alone almost got me to app. It certainly didn't take too much convincing after seeing all of that.

2) Being in THE best stable is pretty dope, I agree.

3) Heels, preferably. I think that's because when I started, the board I was on essentially just had either heels or tweeners who promo'd like they were heels but were treated as faces by the bookers because they didn't have legit faces. I feel like since you're supposed to be bad, there's more creative freedom. Your character has more avenues for their actions, in my eyes. Faces kinda have to uphold some sort of moral standard, while heels get to see how much they can raise the bar with the evil behind their actions.

4) Promo/RP entirely. At one point I was interested in joining a console fed, but it never got off the ground. Therefore, it's always been pormo/RP-based for me. I think the longest RP I ever wrote was like 9.1k, and once I finished I knew I never wanted to do that again. It was as Curt Hawkins with a jock gimmick, so if that doesn't make it obvious that this fed was all about flexing with your quantity, I don't know what would. 

5) That's scary to think about after nearly a decade. I'm gonna split it into two groups, CAWs and real wrestlers. Real? Legitimately only like, 4. Curt Hawkins with a jock gimmick, Zack Ryder, The Rock (quite the jump in star power), and Brad Maddox with the gimmick where he went insane inside that cave from his video series that was actually just his room. I've also played Michael McGillicutty and Tyler Black, but each of those were for like a week or so so I don't count them. Then there was one RPG where I was both Cody Rhodes and Gregory Helms, and another where I was Sheamus but I was in neither for longer than a month so I don't count those either. In terms of CAWs, the number I'm leaning towards is 11, though a good chunk of them were only around for two months or so before I was done with them. I only identify with four of them, since they're the ones I've used consistently through the years: Ice Jones, my first CAW from 2009 when I was a whopping 12 years old; Zakk Night, whom I created in February 2010 and has been my most used (despite Ice always having the #1 spot in my heart), and with a career goal of 10 world titles has accumulated eight, so he may be retiring before I know it; Nicholas Lancer, who is actually the little brother of Ice but isn't acknowledged as such in kayfabe, who essentially has the gimmick of Thad Castle from Blue Mountain State (I almost used him but felt a more serious character would be a better fit in SSW/OWA); and lastly, the man you see before you, Miles Taylor, who started out just under a year ago but I already enjoy immensely.
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 12:04 am

Nobi wrote:
Do you like any DC or Marvel movies?

I don't hate DC, as I believe you can dislike something without hating it. I just feel DC rushed to catch up to Marvel and it cost them majorly, and with the sudden switch from uber dark and gritty to awkward teenage humor, I just feel they'll never fully recover and should borderline just hard reset (but keep Aquaman and Wonder Woman). They tried to be Nolan and then tried to be Marvel Studios, when they should just try to be themselves. I prefer Marvel, but I haven't seen any of them consistently since Spiderman: Homecoming. Superhero movie fatigue finally caught up to me and it seems like a chore to sit through three more hours of story every quarter of a year to understand everything that's going on with the Avengers.

Slightly off from the question, but if you somehow haven't, check out Logan. It's not a standard superhero movie, but it's undoubtedly my favorite now.
Back to top Go down
Nas

Nas

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 2:40 pm

How did you first get into e-feds?

How did you discover OWA?

How are you liking the vibe of the forums and discord chat thus far?

What are you most looking forward to about Olympus?

How did you feel knowing you were placed in The Phantom Troupe?

When did you first get into wrestling?

Who are your favorites of all time and modern day?

When did you first discover NJPW and how?

What are some of your interests outside of E-feds/Wrestling?
Back to top Go down
Gareth Cason

Gareth Cason

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 2:56 pm

If your challenge was to realistically book Heidenreich on SVR 06 into a world title situation, how would you do it? (He has to get popularity in the 70's or greater) 

Who is the person you always look to draft on SVR 06? (for me, it's Eddie or Benoit) 

Why haven't you gotten fire pro wrestling world yet? 

Welcome to the Phantom Troupe, please take an umbrella so you can shove it up people's asses. 

Who am I? Who are you? What? 

Favorite flavor of Starburst?

IS GARETH CASON LEGIT DANGEROUS? 

Do you even? Can you even? 

Why Drew Gulak? 

YOU'RE COOL BTW
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 6:05 pm

CM Nas wrote:
How did you first get into e-feds?

How did you discover OWA?

How are you liking the vibe of the forums and discord chat thus far?

What are you most looking forward to about Olympus?

How did you feel knowing you were placed in The Phantom Troupe?

When did you first get into wrestling?

Who are your favorites of all time and modern day?

When did you first discover NJPW and how?

What are some of your interests outside of E-feds/Wrestling?

1) I stumbled across CAWs.ws looking for CAW formulas cause young me wanted to start a YouTube CAW league, which were semi big at the time. I was a massive nerd in my youth and nothing has changed. I found the ICW forum (an efed that has been closed for a bit now) and the RPG board on the CAWs forum itself and I was hooked almost immediately.

2) Kyle, who plays Kai Stevens, linked Strong Style Wrestling and I continued my research over to here. Me and him go way back.

3) I've, sincerely, never joined a place so welcoming and genuinely nice/chill/laid back, especially right out of the gate. I already feel like I fit in incredibly well here. 

4) Beating Gareth Carson  Seeing what the genesis of Miles' story is on the brand, I trust creative. I'm here for the ride.

5) The same thing anyone who's lucky enough to end up in Phantom Troupe should feel: blessed to be with the best.

6) Spring of 2006, and it's a really weird note, but the first feud I ever really got into was Spirit Squad vs. DX right after WrestleMania 22. 

7) Of all time, I gotta go Kurt Angle. My favorite from when I first started has gotta be Legend Killer era Orton, and I'll even throw in some murderous 08/09 Randy too. For modern day, I gotta go Tittymaster Ambrose. On the indies, I'd save ZSJ and Rhodes.

Cool As a frequent lurker of r/SquaredCircle, I just saw a bunch of threads about it and did more research, probably like twoish years ago? It was when Naito was doing his "Imma throw the Heavyweight title like it's trash" thing. My absolute favorite thing about it is the G1, and if Strong Style does anything like that, I hope to be a part of it.

9) I love to play basketball, but tend to develop a temper if I'm not playing well lol, since I've played since second grade. Even after I graduated high school and stopped playing for actual teams, I still manage to either find pick up games in places or play intramurals at college. I tend to play Xbox One ALOT, and it's predominantly Fortnite right now, but with Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out in September and then Fallout 76 coming out in November, my attention will have to get spread out. No idea how I'm gonna graduate college this year with all of these games coming out, but I'll manage.
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 6:19 pm

Gareth Cason wrote:
If your challenge was to realistically book Heidenreich on SVR 06 into a world title situation, how would you do it? (He has to get popularity in the 70's or greater) 

Who is the person you always look to draft on SVR 06? (for me, it's Eddie or Benoit) 

Why haven't you gotten fire pro wrestling world yet? 

Welcome to the Phantom Troupe, please take an umbrella so you can shove it up people's asses. 

Who am I? Who are you? What? 

Favorite flavor of Starburst?

IS GARETH CASON LEGIT DANGEROUS? 

Do you even? Can you even? 

Why Drew Gulak? 

YOU'RE COOL BTW

1) assault Michael Cole  I'd have him go up against really low level guys, i.e. Sylvan Grenier, Robert Conway, Tajiri, The Hurricane, Mark Jindrak, the like. Beat 'em. That'd get him to at least the lower forties, I believe. Have him feud with a face Rene Dupree, go over after a couple matches of him beating Rene, then have him square up to Daivari and Hassan. Maybe give him a partner of another guy I wanna push a little, have them go over. But this point, he should be upper fifties, so I give him THE NATURE BOY, Ric Flair. Beats him. Assuming I'm blocking this out by PPV's (I'd be SD), at JD is the end of the domination block, Great American Bash is when he defeats Dupree, SS is over Hassan/Daivari, No Mercy is over Flair (at lot of these guys I'd acquire through trades, which I'm fairly competent at getting done in my favor). So now he's in the sixties. I'd have him beat a couple more cruiserweights, but those with higher overalls (RVD, Paul London, Rey Mysterio), and even enter a mini feud with Christian. After beating Christian, he should be at just about 70, and him beating Christian is his match for Survivor Series. At Armageddon I'd have him go over in a feud against The Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, which should finally get him into the 70s. With him finally reaching that overall, it's time for the Rumble, which I have him win, and gets him autobooked into the WHC match at WrestleMania. He wins there against whoever the champ is. Bet you weren't expecting this longterm of booking, huh? Realistically, I'd just have him put over some cruiserweights I wanna push and then release him.

2) If I'm drafting the roster myself, it's Triple H. He's such a smug heel in this game and my absolute favorite storyline to book is midcard underrated favorite being the guy to dethrone the reigning, overpowered heel. In TEW I do it all the time (my favorite is having David Starr finally beating his losing streak against WALTER). Normally throw in a clean but close loss in their too to build sympathy, ala Chuck Taylor v. ZSJ in PWG. 

3) I'm still not sure what this is. If someone were to explain it to me and wire me funds if it costs money, I'd explore the possibility some more.

4) Hey thanks

5) Gareth Carson. Miles Taylor. I don't know.

6) I don't like Starbust so n o n e

7) IDK PROBABLY

Cool On occasion, but it's more of a special circumstance

9) I felt his pic base worked best with the gimmick I'm going for, and also he's the most underrated character worker in WWE and he needs more attention.

10) HEY SO ARE YOU
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2018, 11:34 pm

At this point in time, who is your dream Final Destination opponent?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. 1080x360

FOREVER THE ABSOLUTE TOP CUNT.
1x OWA World Champion. | 2x OWA Television Champion. | OWA Hall of Fame Class 2023.
Back to top Go down
Kai Stevens

Kai Stevens

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2018, 6:11 pm

1) If you were to be in another faction, which one would you choose and why?

2) If you had to give a three person combination pro-comp for Miles Taylor in the ring, who would they be and what parts of their in-ring approach apply?

3) Who do you think is the most underrated character on your brand? Why?
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2018, 8:23 pm

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
At this point in time, who is your dream Final Destination opponent?
This is super tough, mainly because I'm still learning everybody. The obvious answer would be, assuming he's still champ at the time, CM Nas. Ignoring brands, that Wakefield fellow may not be a bad choice either. I feel there is potential in a "Unbreakable" Bull Conners v. "Break or Be Broken" Miles Taylor feud, and then also I wouldn't mind squaring up to my boy Kai. Gareth is another one I'd love to face.
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2018, 8:29 pm

Kai Stevens wrote:
1)  If you were to be in another faction, which one would you choose and why?

2)  If you had to give a three person combination pro-comp for Miles Taylor in the ring, who would they be and what parts of their in-ring approach apply?

3)  Who do you think is the most underrated character on your brand?  Why?

1) Ronin to be with you since I've known you for nearly a decade now, but at this point I don't think I'd trade Phantom Troupe for anything. Freebird tag champs and it's only a matter of time before Aria gets the title back in Strong Style. #ChampionTroupe

2) Cody Rhodes - his theatrical presence/ability to tell stories in a ring. Rhodes is actually my favorite indie wrestler despite being a former WWE guy, which gets me flak, but I stand by it. If I had to go fave indie that's non-WWE, I guess David Starr? Anyway, back to your question. The second guy would be Timothy Thatcher because of the stiffness of Taylor's strikes and overall style of brawling. The final wrestler would probably be the submission ability of Zack Sabre Jr., as in my profile, I note Miles has a hidden grand talent of being able to end a match at will should it transition to a mat-based, submission focused bout.

3) That's such a hard question lol, I honestly don't think I can answer it. I'm too new and still learning where everyone is on the card, so this is one I'll probably have to revisit at some point as I can't definitively say rn.
Back to top Go down
Miles Taylor

Miles Taylor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2018, 12:17 am

Gimme more Qs, ladies and gents!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.   I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Miles Taylor. Ask Me Anything.
Page 1 of 1