Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» "Discus" Devi Krysis
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» OWA Promos
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Emmanuelle April 20th 2024, 2:50 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby J.D. Damon April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

» No Business Like Hoe Business
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mami's Favorite Chew Toy April 5th 2024, 2:58 pm

» OWA Dreamworld Card Information + Predictions
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Colton Saint March 31st 2024, 10:29 pm

» Bobby Wheeler
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD March 31st 2024, 12:40 pm

» THE KING HAS RETURNED ( 2023 update)
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels March 24th 2024, 2:52 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything

Go down 
+22
TTtheT
Alyssa Grace
Mav.
Zumi
Emmanuelle
Mark Michaels
NikiKhanKTA
"The Golden Voice"
Eon Blue
Monolith
The Council
ERROR
Kai Stevens
Tarah Moore
Dustin Duke
Nas
Keelan Callihan
CASPIAN
Michael Bishop
Clinton Stone
Aria Jaxon
VaeVictisBD
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eon Blue

Eon Blue

Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 2:40 am

On Average how long does it take you to make someone a Tron? 

Which do you prefer Promo work or GFX Work?

Give the Following OWA Stars a New Playby:
Jeff X:
Aria Jackson:
Alyssa Grace:
Darkane:

How hard was it to think of those new Playbys?
Back to top Go down
The Council

The Council

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 2:50 am

Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 3hf4bx
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 9:18 am

Eon Blue wrote:
On Average how long does it take you to make someone a Tron?

It's hard to give them an average because the variables of finding high-quality footage and the edits take varying amounts of time. Alyssa's took 2 hours to make while Cage's took 10. I'd say around 4 would be an average.

Eon Blue wrote:
Which do you prefer Promo work or GFX Work?

It varies, but I do enjoy GFX work more because I am a very visual person. I even try and see Finn delivering promos when I write them, which is why they take so fucking long. Promo work feels the most rewarding when I can bounce off my opponent well.

Eon Blue wrote:
Give the Following OWA Stars a New Playby:
Jeff X:
Aria Jackson:
Alyssa Grace:
Darkane:

Jeff X: Jay Briscoe.
Aria JAXON*: Jade Cargill.
Alyssa Grace: Toni Storm.
Darkane: Vincent (ROH)

Eon Blue wrote:
How hard was it to think of those new Playbys?

Alyssa's because I was hard at the concept :weary:

Darkane's because I have known him almost 6 years as Raven so it's hard to see him as anyone else in my mind. Jeff always seemed torn between Orton and Briscoes so that's engraved and Aria as Jade I could see more so now as a retired person despite knowing her equally as long.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 1080x360

FOREVER THE ABSOLUTE TOP CUNT.
1x OWA World Champion. | 2x OWA Television Champion. | OWA Hall of Fame Class 2023.
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 9:21 am

The Council wrote:
Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 3hf4bx

Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 AxN0B0jY_700w_0

1x OWA World Champion. | 2x OWA Television Champion. | OWA Hall of Fame Class 2023.
Back to top Go down
Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 9:33 am

Is it not gay if you keep your socks on?  scratch
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 11:15 am

Michael Bishop wrote:
Is it not gay if you keep your socks on?  scratch

If my Rugrat socks keep it from being gay...

Back to top Go down
Darkane

Darkane

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2021, 12:50 pm

Do you anticipate anything maybe career wise with your video editing or is just a side hobby?

Are there any promoers that have legitimately pushed you and/or gave you a lot of trouble?

Which event(s) in your efed tenure did you have the most fun promoing for?

Do you have any pet peeves in regards to promos or things that you're not a fan of people saying/doing?

Any dream matches that you'd like to see in which you're not apart of?

Is there anything that you've learned from when you started as Finnegan to the present Finnegan? I.E: The difference between Finnegan 2015 to Finnegan 2021?
Back to top Go down
VaeVictisBD
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
VaeVictisBD

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2021, 7:07 am

I had to really sit down and think on the answers to these questions, so I apologize for how long it took me to get to it.

Darkane wrote:
Do you anticipate anything maybe career wise with your video editing or is just a side hobby?

If I ever got a job offer to pursue it, I would take it. Of course, I would feel the need to study more into video making because -- in my opinion -- I am an amateur in the field. I have met people who got professional jobs editing movies and network television graphics so, I knew there were jobs for it, but I live in the smallest towns in Australia where such jobs are few and far between. At the moment, it's just a side hobby. I know I COULD make money off it by taking commissions, but I feel if it's free the quality doesn't have to be high and only has to bend to my personal preferences.

Darkane wrote:
Are there any promoers that have legitimately pushed you and/or gave you a lot of trouble?
This is the hard one. I think the original ones to push me back in the day was High Rollerz because it made me thing, okay, if I go about my promos in such a light-handed way I will look like too much like those early territory jobbers that just approach shit with "go-get-em" attitudes, and I think at the time I was more a nervous wreck who was afraid to push buttons. They were guys that just would push buttons so I think that was my wake-up call to start pushing back. Jon McAdams was easily another one that made me really explore a mean-streak to Wakefield and actually influenced me to start approaching him as a cerebral promo. Same can be said when I got my first crack at the main eventers with A Certain Australian currently elsewhere. He really inspired me with some of his promo philosophy.

As much as I shit on the feud with Goose for how many times we faced each other in a short time, that grind to think of new promos at the time definitely made me think of different ways to say the same things that needed to be said, but really burned me out several times to the point I started pushing out whatever I could just so that I did.

OWA set a completely different standard when I came in, I was really at my wits-end and did what I could with some internal reluctance which only continued when I came back in Season 2. Season 3 until now has definitely been some of my best work and that's because I started seeing the standard set and thought yeah, I need to keep up and overtake people.

Darkane wrote:
Which event(s) in your efed tenure did you have the most fun promoing for?
Immediately what comes to mind is last years Clash because that was the most fun cycle I recall having. Second would be Finn vs Eon vs Noah for the Television Championship, the event name is escaping me at the moment, but that was a lot of fun to see two guys really stepping their games up to run that page with me. I guess if I had to pick a third, it would be against that certain Australian I like. Not Keelan. Fuck Keelan.

Darkane wrote:
Do you have any pet peeves in regards to promos or things that you're not a fan of people saying/doing?
God. As far as pet peeves go I probably have a few. I really dislike the promos where it's clear the writer isn't trying, scraping by on short word counts, but at the same time I hate these long as fuck promo styles that try and rack up a high word count but don't really say anything. Be it through an unnecessary amount of cinematics or conversation between character and NPC that really fits more a CD piece than a promo battle. I am fine with a little, but when it gets excessive I just CTRL + F to find my name and read from there. I also really don't like the echo chamber promos where characters (face or heel) ignore hard fact of a story or past encounters just so they look bulletproof their entire career. It's rarer nowadays, but when it happened and I had to promo against it, I was promoing against brick walls.

There are probably some more minor things like egregious grammar and spelling mistakes, but I misspell shit and probably don't have college grade grammar myself, so I'd be a hypocrite to tell people to correct theirs.

Darkane wrote:
Any dream matches that you'd like to see in which you're not a part of?
These are just some I want to see, even if they have happened before.
Jacob Senn versus Darkane.
Noah Reigner versus Graham Baker. (Seems VERY possible now.)
Alyssa Grace versus Stephanie Matsuda.
Dulce Torres versus Aria Jaxon.
Hana Nakajima versus Tyler Wolf.
Arata Asukura versus Jason Long.
Rebecca Filth versus A Shower.

Darkane wrote:
Is there anything that you've learned from when you started as Finnegan to the present Finnegan? I.E: The difference between Finnegan 2015 to Finnegan 2021?
I have been a career-long babyface in efedding and I have grown to appreciate how hard it is to try and be a babyface when it comes to promoing. It's fucking difficult. Only now with the right story I can justify myself being the face while still talking shit about people and calling them cunt, but before? Fuuuuck, writing promos where I wasn't trying to come across as a total dick was hard. I am also a major control freak with some major harsh criticisms revolving around things I make, do or are done with me in this hobby, I'm still trying to ease off that a bit, but before if even the slightest thing was done wrong in my eyes, like Finn throwing a Superkick, I would immediately be there saying "yeah, Finn wouldn't do that." I haven't completely mellowed out because I am still a tryhard to my own detriment, but that's another thing that has changed in the last six years, I try a lot harder to tell a good story as that is what I love most in wrestling.

Darkane and Rebecca Filth have spoken. It’s such good shit!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything   Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask the Prodigal Son - Finnegan Wakefield - Anything
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3